My my my

Dannynoonan

May 5, 2015
wow. Not a spectacular offensive show by the first team but ALOT to be excited about. The weather was **** so KU knew ISU was going to run Montgomery and not throw a wet ball all over. No big deal.
Random thoughts- DC Heacock is outstanding (I know it’s Kansas) 5:00 minutes left and 1 td in 6 qtrs.
There is NFL talent at ISU at multiple positions on both sides of the ball!
There appears to be swagger on the team right now.
Lanning was very good today and I bet he throws the ball on offense in the weekend to come.
Great things ahead.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
The single biggest difference between this and the Rhoads teams, even Campbell's team last year, is how securely they tackle and get multiple guys to the ballcarrier on defense. A huge change.
Yep.

• Useful
Reactions: mikedp

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
I have not felt this good about the team at this point in the season since....damn. 2009? Maybe? 2005? 2002?! Loving my Cyclones and their standing in the Big 12. Bring on the Red Ragdolls!

Even with those teams I always felt the sense of an inevitable swift decline. This feels different. Not just building towards an insight.com bowl every 4 years.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
The single biggest difference between this and the Rhoads teams, even Campbell's team last year, is how securely they tackle and get multiple guys to the ballcarrier on defense. A huge change.

I feel there are 4 big differences between Campbell's teams and Rhoads' teams....

* Tackling (as you said)
* WR's and TE blocking
* Attitude (not getting too high or too low off wins or losses)
* Playing clean football- less turnovers and penalties

PlanetIState

Mar 7, 2016
Holy crap!! Did anyone else notice all the ISU players leaving the sidelines and heading to the locker room and quickly returning all throughout the game?? I must have seen at least 10 players do this, and one time 3 of them left at the same time.
The first time I saw it, I thought maybe they were changing cleats, but then it was still going on well into the second half. Is there a case of the flu running through the FB program?

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
and man-handed them

pmewn7b2f6py.gif

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio
Holy crap!! Did anyone else notice all the ISU players leaving the sidelines and heading to the locker room and quickly returning all throughout the game?? I must have seen at least 10 players do this, and one time 3 of them left at the same time.
The first time I saw it, I thought maybe they were changing cleats, but then it was still going on well into the second half. Is there a case of the flu running through the FB program?
Maybe they had to pee. You would be surprised how often guys pee on the sideline when their uniforms wont show it. You gotta go, you gotta go.