My guess is the season gets postponed next week ...

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Basketball starts in January with conference play, conference-only football in March. Seniors graduate. Athletic departments get their necessary cash flow. Everything back to normal next fall. Not easy but so logical, isn't it.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
Basketball starts in January with conference play, conference-only football in March. Seniors graduate. Athletic departments get their necessary cash flow. Everything back to normal next fall. Not easy but so logical, isn't it.
I don’t see how this is logical in August, no.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville

Not at all logical. Running guys through two seasons of football in 10 months is not logical. At all.

If college football can't take one lost season, financially, then the system needs to be nuked.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
If college football can't take one lost season, financially, then the system needs to be nuked.

I'm not sure what ISU's football revenue is but Scott Frost said yesterday that Nebraska's was $100 million-plus. That's why Nebraska coming back for this fall makes some sense as well. Most of these athletic departments don't have a stockpile of cash or stockholder equity to leverage the business without football.

Reactions: BigCyFan

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
They just can't wrap their heads around losing all those $$$$.
But if they bubble the players and keep them out of classes while regular students continue to attend, they risk athletes looking more and more like employees who should be paid.

They lose less money skipping one season than they do paying players for a bunch of seasons.

randomfan44

May 30, 2015
I'm not sure what ISU's football revenue is but Scott Frost said yesterday that Nebraska's was $100 million-plus. That's why Nebraska coming back for this fall makes some sense as well. Most of these athletic departments don't have a stockpile of cash or stockholder equity to leverage the business without football.
They only make that revenue with 98,000 in the stands, which isn't happening.