My guess is the season gets postponed next week ...

Lexclone

I survived the 2023 ad invasion
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2013
Massachusetts
I agree most feel this way....But there is a small but very vocal minority that seems to delight in their gloom and doom predictions of spectator sports demise coming true.

“doom predictions of spectator sports demise coming true” wait! If we miss one season, does that mean they’re gone, never to come back?

motorcy90

Aug 12, 2018
Iowa
I think it is more that they can’t bear to cut 4-8 athletic programs. The “Ice Age” is upon us. Everyone that was cheering for this to happen should rejoice in knowing that 40-60 athletes per/school in non-revenue sports just lost an opportunity to attend college.
254 current Div 1 schools that play football listed. if 40 athletes per school lose a scholarship opportunity that is now about 10,160 students who potentially lose an opportunity at going to college...

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
254 current Div 1 schools that play football listed. if 40 athletes per school lose a scholarship opportunity that is now about 10,160 students who potentially lose an opportunity at going to college...

Yep.... all because this country is too stupid and selfish to have done anything about it. Other countries are just laughing at us. How can a supposedly "advanced" society not believe in science? It's hard to even fathom... but it's true. We won't listen.

• Agree
Reactions: IcSyUclone and Jer

kcbob79clone

Interesting, from Twitter, convergence of events is going to end fall football. I'm in the camp that spring ball is not practical

--
Power 5 AD just texted: “You and your colleagues are chasing the wrong story. The virus alone is enough to stop the season. But presidents are terrified of players organizing. It’s the paradigm shift to change amateur sports.” (1of2)

(2of2) “You potentially lose one season with the virus. You lose the entire framework of your mission statement with players organizing. They need time to figure out how to attack it.”

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Interesting, from Twitter, convergence of events is going to end fall football. I'm in the camp that spring ball is not practical

--
Power 5 AD just texted: “You and your colleagues are chasing the wrong story. The virus alone is enough to stop the season. But presidents are terrified of players organizing. It’s the paradigm shift to change amateur sports.” (1of2)

(2of2) “You potentially lose one season with the virus. You lose the entire framework of your mission statement with players organizing. They need time to figure out how to attack it.”

That is VERY interesting. Will certainly be interesting to follow that.

When you said "convergence of events"... I thought for sure you were going to bring up the convergence of thousands of kids returning to campuses all over the country and the flu season starting back up as well mid season. This has the recipe for disaster.

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019

--

Imagine wanting to “attack” a group of people wanting rights to have a better life

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
I think this changes college athletics forever. If you don’t play now, there is no reason to think it’s better in the spring. Spring isn’t going to happen. That’s just a story people tell themselves. Odds of getting a polio like vaccine is really slim.

this is never going away most likely, so if you don’t play now, because they want no risk, I don’t see how you can ever really play again.

certainly you can’t play basketball or football in the spring

larrysarmy

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
I think this changes college athletics forever. If you don’t play now, there is no reason to think it’s better in the spring. Spring isn’t going to happen. That’s just a story people tell themselves. Odds of getting a polio like vaccine is really slim.

this is never going away most likely, so if you don’t play now, because they want no risk, I don’t see how you can ever really play again.

Agree, a vaccine with the efficacy needed to calm people down is not going to be here anytime soon. So the ability to live with the virus and resume collegiate sports in a non bubble environment is apparently not gonna happen. #iceage

• Disagree
Reactions: HoustonClone

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Never play again? Now THAT's doom and gloom.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I don't want a watered down spring season, which will lead to a watered down fall season. Just take the year off and see you boys next fall
12 weeks of the puppy bowl this fall, and call it a day.