My 2 cents on the U.N.I. game.....

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014
I think that this is the most important game of the year. In the past it seems like we haven't been very motivated to play fcs teams and it has bit us. I just hope Campbell has them fired up and doesn't hold anything back. I would love to run the ball down their throat and use the full play book. In the past it seems like they have shortened the play book but who cares if the other teams know what you're gonna do, if you're good/confident you don't worry about the other team. Fire away!

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
I think that this is the most important game of the year. In the past it seems like we haven't been very motivated to play fcs teams and it has bit us. I just hope Campbell has them fired up and doesn't hold anything back. I would love to run the ball down their throat and use the full play book. In the past it seems like they have shortened the play book but who cares if the other teams know what you're gonna do, if you're good/confident you don't worry about the other team. Fire away!

I disagree with this.

On the importance of this game .... lots of momentum, talk, and expectations around this team. Pressure is on the team to win an expected win.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
I think having Montgomery playing will be the huge advantage. Warren was used to seeing big holes with Taiese, Campbell, Omoile and Lalk. Last year, especially early, those holes weren't there. And he's not the type of back to make his own hole and drag defenders. Montgomery is. I think that ISU will grind it out with Montgomery and hit a few plays over the top. UNI is going to stuff the box and hope Park is having an off day. But even if they do key on the run, I think that Montgomery will grind out enough yards to keep the chains moving and keep the D from just teeing off on Park. On D, I don't think that the Panthers will be able to score enough to keep up.

• Agree
Reactions: riceville98

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
As much as it aggravates the hell out of me, it'll of course be another nail biter. UNI returns plenty of talent. Their problem for the first half of last season was playing the wrong quarterback.

The biggest advantage we have is continuity of coaching staff. At least this go round, we have a better idea of our own strengths and weaknesses. Farley replaced almost all of his assistants. Hopefully we can take advantage of any sideline confusion like they did a year ago against us.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
It sounds like UNI's QB has a bum ankle but should be good to go for the ISU game.

I'll be honest, I'll take a win of any kind in this game (losing 3 out of 4 to FCS schools will do that to you). That being said, it would be nice to come out and win by 3+ scores.

UNI has an experienced O-Line and D-Line going up against not-so-experienced ISU O and D Lines. That alone will keep the game closer than it should. ISU has the advantage everywhere else.

Jjflm62

Aug 2, 2017
Does ISU play UNI every year or just every so often? Is UNI a D1 or FBS or whatever it's called these days or lower division?

crs8975

Aug 14, 2013
Lakewood, CO
Does ISU play UNI every year or just every so often? Is UNI a D1 or FBS or whatever it's called these days or lower division?

UNI is an FCS school, formerly Division 1 AA. We've been playing them fairly regularly, about every other year for quite a while.

• Informative
Reactions: Jjflm62

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I think the UNI game is incredibly important. Besides the cliche "the next game is the most important" thing, even.

It'll go a long ways towards proving whether any of the off season talk was just talk.

• Agree
Reactions: Brandon

Aug 26, 2014
I'm not worried about this game at all. I would be shocked if we didn't win by 3 touchdowns or more. This one is in the bag fellas. Our non-con is relatively stress free this year. Yes, Iowa gets all fired up for the game against us, but we are certainly the superior team this season. Hopefully it plays out that way on the field. The Iowa game is never a gimme. This is the first year that I feel the UNI game is a gimme.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
I'm not worried about this game at all. I would be shocked if we didn't win by 3 touchdowns or more. This one is in the bag fellas. Our non-con is relatively stress free this year. Yes, Iowa gets all fired up for the game against us, but we are certainly the superior team this season. Hopefully it plays out that way on the field. The Iowa game is never a gimme. This is the first year that I feel the UNI game is a gimme.

Your avatar should be a unicorn. The over-confidence is hard to fathom.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site

Lol.

I won't be at all surprised if we lose.

• Agree
Reactions: CyBobby

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron