Music Mondays - ROAD TRIP!

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Thanks to @JHUNSY for this weeks topic.

"Whether you're road tripping, tailgating, or pre-gaming from home for the Big 12 tourney: what's on your KC playlist?"

I'll expand this to include any road trip. What are your favorite driving songs?

I'll throw this one out. From the first time I heard it, I knew it would be a killer road trip song.

Its inclusion on the Gran Turismo 3 soundtrack was perfect and I remember it being one of my favorite songs to drive to on the PS2 as well as in real life.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
When driving through South Dakota with nothing to really look at, I found this song to be a pretty pleasant listen. This is weird because I'm not a huge country music fan and basically know nothing about The Marshall Tucker Band.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I'll throw out another Gran Turismo 3 tune as well. Just hearing this song while driving increases your speed by 7 to 10 MPH. It's scientifically proven.

Reactions: cyclones500

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
This all depends on if I end up driving myself down there or if I ride down with my parents. They want to leave earlier than I can get out of Osky.

So... anyway, here's Wonderwall.

• Funny
Reactions: cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
This all depends on if I end up driving myself down there or if I ride down with my parents. They want to leave earlier than I can get out of Osky.

So... anyway, here's Wonderwall.

I'd suggest less gratuitous cursing if riding with the fam.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Back in my college days, I used to start every trip with Highway to Hell. Loud.

After my wife and I got together and took road trips, we started our trips off singing Interstate Love Song by STP followed by a lot of Offspring and Green Day.

Fast forward to present day with a 9 year old girl. Road trips are mixed with her singing along to pop music mixed with other stuff I throw in that isn't horrible.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Back in my college days, I used to start every trip with Highway to Hell. Loud.

After my wife and I got together and took road trips, we started our trips off singing Interstate Love Song by STP followed by a lot of Offspring and Green Day.

Fast forward to present day with a 9 year old girl. Road trips are mixed with her singing along to pop music mixed with other stuff I throw in that isn't horrible.

tumblr_mc0suckots1qb9qh4o2_r1_500.gif

Luckily I usually get to play AltNation or Lithium when we're on the road. Or I hook the bluetooth to my phone and play my Napster or MP3 mix.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
My mom would say, "What are you listening to?!?" if I played some of the hippity hop music with cursing in it.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron