Muscle cars

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

JayV

Really Big Member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 28, 2012
If you want to consider foreign, the Mitsu 3000GT of that era is one of the best looking cars I've seen. Twin turbos but I think they were pretty reliable. I'm not really a car guy. What do you all think about these?
The 3000GT / Stealth is a good looking vehicle. The all wheel drive and the twin turbo were options. And they are options you want if you're buying one. The second and third generations had a pretty fair power bump over the first if you optioned them correctly. You want the VR-4 package on the 3000GT to enjoy that extra power.

Reactions: Mead For My Horses

VTXCyRyD

Sep 2, 2010
I would love (no pun intended) to have a late 70s LUV.

Watched a YouTube video where they fired one up. Just like the one pops had. Those had a distinct sound and feel....small as hell too View attachment 100145
A guy in high school (a few decades ago) had a 4x4 Luv. He was also one of the biggest guys in school. It was funny watching him get in and drive it around.

bpmdu

Jun 28, 2006
The 3000GT / Stealth is a good looking vehicle. The all wheel drive and the twin turbo were options. And they are options you want if you're buying one. The second and third generations had a pretty fair power bump over the first if you optioned them correctly. You want the VR-4 package on the 3000GT to enjoy that extra power.
Totally agree with this, I think you'll see values climb on these as ppl from the 90's start wanting to buy these cars again. MR2 has already seen some price increases as well. Clearly the Supra has already gone to the moon in price. To a lesser extent the Eclipse and Talon might have some room to grow too but only in the top option levels imo.

JayV

Really Big Member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 28, 2012
Totally agree with this, I think you'll see values climb on these as ppl from the 90's start wanting to buy these cars again. MR2 has already seen some price increases as well. Clearly the Supra has already gone to the moon in price. To a lesser extent the Eclipse and Talon might have some room to grow too but only in the top option levels imo.
Yes, I think the 1992-2002 (FD) Mazda RX-7 is starting the same insane curve as the Supra saw. I don't know if we'll get to the insanity of the Supra, but it will go up. That 7,000 mile 1995 Supra that sold for $201,000 last July is a crazy outlier.

motorcy90

Aug 12, 2018
Iowa
If you want to consider foreign, the Mitsu 3000GT of that era is one of the best looking cars I've seen. Twin turbos but I think they were pretty reliable. I'm not really a car guy. What do you all think about these?
They are awesome heavy grand touring sports cars when they are running. But it's the keeping them running that is the issue. Have known a few people who have had them over the years.