Mumford and Sons...

VikesFan22

Nov 9, 2011
Ames, IA
I recommend it. As well as Sigh No More. Must have's for me.
Thanks. I'll give them both a listen. I'm a big fan of the songs I have heard like Little Lion Man and The Cave. I love The Cave. I'm also excited to listen to the new Killers album and I'll probably end up getting that too.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
just bought it on iTunes.... LOVE IT. great stuff. worth the $15.

-keep

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
[video=youtube;ghb6eDopW8I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghb6eDopW8I[/video]

If you like the new Mumford & Sons album you might also like these guys.

WhatchaGonnaDo

Jun 28, 2011

God, I've been hooked on these guys since the beginning of summer.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines

Hell yes. I've had this in my car CD player (stop laughing) since June. Tremendous band.

azepp

Dec 9, 2009
Ankeny
There are simply not enough badjectives to describe people who open threads with the sole purpose of knocking someone else's musical tastes... View attachment 15158

FIFY

And I do enjoy the new album. Do the vocals on this album seem a little more raspy to anyone else? It's not necessarily a bad thing, just different. I wonder if all the touring has taken its toll.

Last edited:

jahfg

Apr 19, 2006
Ames
Awesome CD. Glad their sound stayed much the same as on Sigh No More. The new Avett Brothers CD was highly disappointing.

Completely agree. They are trying to rely on their melodies, but it comes out as soft-pop boredom.

jahfg

Apr 19, 2006
Ames
I enjoy Mumford and Sons and like the new album, but it is really more of the same. Their sound has been imitated so much recently that the driving power of their songs loses its effect.

I don't see the Bob Dylan comparison at all.

CynadoAlley

Nov 28, 2010
Siouxland
FIFY

And I do enjoy the new album. Do the vocals on this album seem a little more raspy to anyone else? It's not necessarily a bad thing, just different. I wonder if all the touring has taken its toll.

I can see a bit more of raspyness in this album, but I kinda like it. One would think touring will take it's toll at some point. They've said that recording albums isn't even their favorite part and that they would tour until they were dead. Seems like a tiring system, hopefully it doesn't effect their sound too much. But still.. really awesome of them to think of the crowd.
I'm not sure how to compare this to Sigh No More. Maybe I need a bit more of a listen to Babel, but there are some awesome tracks on here. They've yet to make a song that I don't like.
But has anyone heard the version of Lover of the Light before this studio-album version? I kinda liked it better.

Pitt_Clone

Nov 15, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
The new Band of Horses album is quite good also. And I haven't listened to Mumford & Sons extensively yet, but I don't understand the Dylan comparison at all.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron