MSU @ Iowa

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
While this is true, I hear the "pathetic" card played from Iowa fans about it every time the students rush the field. However this year, Iowa fans have stormed after all their conference wins. I'll let you have the Illinois one because it was after an 8 or 9 game drought, but this one? Maybe if it was NW, a case could be made for snapping another losing streak. :biglaugh:

Hey now, Northwestern to Iowa is Baylor to ISU. ;)

I'm not trying to trash talk, I'm just saying that it's kind of one of those "pot, meet kettle" things.

Not many Iowa fans are against rushing the field - they rush the field every other home game. I'd be hard pressed to find many Hawk fans who really take issue with it.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
Iowa has stooped to the level of ISU footall..

storming the field against a team that is 1-4 in conf.

Welcome aboard hawks:)

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I was glad to see the Hawks win. Two more wins means another Alamo trip and the return of Captain Kirk and his embattled assistants.

That is nothing but good news...

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
Wow, they stormed the field? That is pitiful.

They stormaed the field!!!!!!!!!!! Are you kidding me. They were making fun of us last year for storming the field against MIZZOU... The mighty have fallen... And its soooooo funny...

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
Hawk fans on certain message boards made fun of the Cyclones for stormin the field against MIZZOU LAST YEAR...

Coach Mac's final game we stormed the field..

Oh, the rivals/scout boards. I think we all know what type of posters the majority of them are.

Anybody with half a brain would storm the field in their coach's last home win.

Plus, it was a huge win over a decent team.

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
Oh, the rivals/scout boards. I think we all know what type of posters the majority of them are.

Anybody with half a brain would storm the field in their coach's last home win.

Plus, it was a huge win over a decent team.

Understandable about the different people on the boards... But it wasn't long ago that the Hawks had opposing team fans rush the field when they beat Iowa... But now its the Hawk fans that storm the field and act like they have never been there before.

jumbopackage

Sep 18, 2007
Yeah I don't know if storming the field when you beat a mediocre team is all that warranted. I'm not saying it's not a big win for Iowa, but they just stormed the field two weeks ago. They gonna start storming the field every week they win a game?

I guess it just shows the state of the program.

Maybe it's a good thing though. Iowa fans have been taking winning for granted in the last few years, and I don't' think they are anymore. A strong Iowa program is a good thing for football in the state, just like a strong ISU program will be in a few years.

cybot

Apr 14, 2006
I can't believe we have 5 pages on a Cyclone board about Iowa/MSU. I watched the game and saw that Iowa had almost all Freshmen and Sophs in the game on both offense and defense for most of the second half. They have some young talent over there that should be playing in front of some upper classmen IMO. JC is the worst QB I've seen in quite awhile. If they win out they might go back to the Alamo Bowl. Wouldn't that suck!

jumbopackage

Sep 18, 2007
It's looking likely that the Hawks will be 6-6.....I wonder what bowl that is? They were saying during the game that 9 teams in the Big 11 were looking to be bowl eligible, and I don't think they were counting Iowa.

Currently Bowl eligible teams:
Ohio State, Michigan, Wisconsin, Purdue, Penn State, Illinois

Teams that need one win:
Northwestern, Indiana, Michigan State

Teams that need two wins:
Iowa

Teams that have no chance:
Minnesota

Northwestern has Iowa, Indiana and Illinois left. I can see a win there somewhere.
Indiana has Ball state, Northwestern and Purdue. Two in-state rivals. They should win one of those at least.
Michigan state has Michigan, Purdue and Penn State. Might not get a win there, but who knows.

Iowa has Northwestern, Minnesota and Western Michigan. I can see two wins there, depending on which team shows up.

Assuming Northwestern wins one game, Indiana wins one game and Iowa wins two games, that leaves just Michigan State and Minnesota bowl ineligible. So there would be a shuffle at the bottom for the last bowl berth between probably Northwestern, Indiana and Iowa.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
Understandable about the different people on the boards... But it wasn't long ago that the Hawks had opposing team fans rush the field when they beat Iowa... But now its the Hawk fans that storm the field and act like they have never been there before.

Yup, well, I'll agree with you there. But, as the poster below you said, Iowa fans took winning for granted, and they aren't anymore. Any/every win is something to celebrate, and that's one major thing that was lacking in the program the past few years.

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA
So what happens when 10 teams are bowl eligible? Can't they at least take a look at who they beat just like the NCAA commitee picks the 64 teams?
I mean....Look. Lets just say they do get to 6 wins.
They will have beaten.
N. Ill - SUCKS
Syracuse - SUCKS
Illinois at home - I will give this one although Ron Zook actually lost this game
MSU at home - Average at best team.
Minny - SUCKSSSSSSS
WESTERN MICH - SUCKSSSSS

How does that team go to a bowl ??
That would be like Iowa state finishing 15-15 and beat 12 cream puff teams in Non Conference. Then beat 3 crappy conference teams and making the tourny.

I am guessing they will have 4 teams with 6 wins and Iowa will get picked over all of them to go to the insight/alamo.

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
So what happens when 10 teams are bowl eligible? Can't they at least take a look at who they beat just like the NCAA commitee picks the 64 teams?
I mean....Look. Lets just say they do get to 6 wins.
They will have beaten.
N. Ill - SUCKS
Syracuse - SUCKS
Illinois at home - I will give this one although Ron Zook actually lost this game
MSU at home - Average at best team.
Minny - SUCKSSSSSSS
WESTERN MICH - SUCKSSSSS

How does that team go to a bowl ??
That would be like Iowa state finishing 15-15 and beat 12 cream puff teams in Non Conference. Then beat 3 crappy conference teams and making the tourny.

I am guessing they will have 4 teams with 6 wins and Iowa will get picked over all of them to go to the insight/alamo.

Well the thing that will save Iowa is that their fans travel well. So they will get into a bowl game going 6-6 and again their fans are going to be cocky as heck about it. Who cares?? How did you guys do this season. I thought with no Ohio State and Michigan that this was you 10-2 season at worst with a Big 10 title. Now a bowl game is going to have fans saying the same thing again this year.

Too bad a team like Kansas the last couple years finishes 6-6 and gets passed up by teams that are like Iowa. Anyway, why do they let 6-6 teams in. Is it their way to reward being AVERAGE..

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA
The reason Iowa has gone to decent bowls the last few years is because Indiana, Illinois, Northwestern, Michigan State were not eligible. This years is at least different I guess.
AND. The Big10 is all North teams so they don't have to compete with south teams with the same record going to a bowl that is 2 hours away. If Iowa was in the Big 12 would you choose a 6-6 Iowa team or a 6-6 Texas AM team to go the alamo bowl if you were a sponsor???

cytheguy

May 23, 2006
I give Iowa a lot of credit today. Seems like everyone they have playing is either a freshman or sophomore. That's scary.