[Added Jason Essex] 2022 Class Breakdown

cyclone4L

Jun 30, 2013
@cyclone4L

I've always appreciated your content and will be signing up somewhere to get my fix. If a guy only wanted to subscribe in one place, should he do it here or on 247?
Depends what you are looking for.
247 is great for football recruiting info.
CF is great for BBall info, community and the events.

Cyclonsin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2020
Savannah, GA
Depends what you are looking for.
247 is great for football recruiting info.
CF is great for BBall info, community and the events.
Is comparable football recruiting info available on the premium boards? That's probably my single largest interest, but I certainly like the other perks available here.

cymac2408

Jul 4, 2013
Urbandale IA
I think politics is dumb and talking about it is a waste of time.
I’m a doer.
I have enjoyed your content, have appreciated your effort and your recruiting insight. I was just making a statement that I haven’t seen you taken any grief for those. I have only seen you taken grief on your political stance. You and I don’t align politically and that’s OK.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I have enjoyed your content, have appreciated your effort and your recruiting insight. I was just making a statement that I haven’t seen you taken any grief for those. I have only seen you taken grief on your political stance. You and I don’t align politically and that’s OK.
There have been some real doozies when he strays from football. A good example would be asserting that discussing politics precludes one from being a "doer".

GetAwesome

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 29, 2010
Cedar Falls, IA
Y’all know you’re allowed to post your own recruiting tidbits on a free and public forum, right?

It’s all the same whether a member independently chooses to move his own thoughts behind a paywall (anywhere), or simply stop posting on a particular forum altogether. If that person’s absence leaves a void of a particular topic you are interested in, then uh.....just collect some info, hit the “post thread” button, and start your own thread.

200_d.gif

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
@cyclone4L

I've always appreciated your content and will be signing up somewhere to get my fix. If a guy only wanted to subscribe in one place, should he do it here or on 247?
I’m on both and would echo 4L’s thoughts that it depends what you’re looking for.

247 better for football and a few posters have some sources pretty tuned in with the athletic department.

CF with basketball is unmatched though. CW has info on here days before the 247 guy does, and for obvious reasons. There’s far more discussion on here than 247 as well and that’s what I prefer.

I would definitely be on the lookout for 247 though, they have really good deals all the time. I’m still paying like $1/month

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
@cyclone4L or @NATEizKING ; who's your thoughts on the next commit might be?

Nothing to back it up but I hope it is one of our DE recruits or an OL. Have to keep replenishing that.

I also think Rocco Becht may tilt a florida WR over to us if they want to play with him.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton

4EverACyclone

Jun 18, 2011
Omaha, NE
It's not on there yet. I just started it yesterday and podcasts need to be approved to be put on the Apple Podcast library and Google podcast library. It's on spotify though.
@cyclone4L just finished listening to the offense podcast. Really appreciate it! Great information. For the 1st time it wasn’t bad. You are definitely a fan like myself. Like you mentioned, get another person to have a conversation with and I think some of the nerves will go away. Hell, I’ll jump on with you! So excited about ISU football right now and can’t wait for the season!

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
@cyclone4L just finished listening to the offense podcast. Really appreciate it! Great information. For the 1st time it wasn’t bad. You are definitely a fan like myself. Like you mentioned, get another person to have a conversation with and I think some of the nerves will go away. Hell, I’ll jump on with you! So excited about ISU football right now and can’t wait for the season!

I agree with this. You'll only get better at it. I appreciated the insights, especially in the walk on guy that you are excited about.

Yellow Snow

Full of nonsense....
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2006
Osage, IA
Just got done listening. I liked it. I know how you feel being nervous. My wife had me on her podcast as a special guest regarding "Big Brother" and I don't watch reality TV at all. Lol! She even opened it up to questions from her audience... weird. She's also crazy.. but that's a different subject.

Anyway... I agree having a second person would be a really fun thing. I love your posts in these recruiting threads because I don't follow recruiting on a day to day and your insight is appreciated. What I really like to hear are your little tidbits of knowledge you drop regarding who is recruiting somebody the hardest, what others you talk to think about chances for a guy, etc.

I'd also like to hear about what the recruiting process is even like from the recruit's perspective as well as the coaches. Do coaches just "cold call" kids? How do they even get the kids number in the first place... it's all foreign to me. I know I don't pick up the phone if I don't recognize the number. Did Campbell get sent to voicemail the first time he called Brock? lol Stuff like that.

Keep rocking it!

Last edited:

PsychedCy09

Jul 8, 2018
Liked the podcast a lot and think it will just keep getting better. I’ve always thought a football recruiting podcast has been a missing niche for ISU fans. Really excited for any future interviews. I really appreciate your work

Help Support Us

Become a patron