[Added Jason Essex] 2022 Class Breakdown

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Thorongil Clone

Gone to Numenor
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 2, 2021
This site seems to be well on its way to being premium and having to pay. Guess we will see what new site pops up when it’s a full pay site. Seems to always happen. The free model must not work is my guess
How is it that people still do not unerstand? The free model worked fine until ad revenues evaporated in the pandemic. Moving to include premium/pay was an act of survival, not some grand scheme to price gouge fans.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
How is it that people still do not unerstand? The free model worked fine until ad revenues evaporated in the pandemic. Moving to include premium/pay was an act of survival, not some grand scheme to price gouge fans.

CF had been fighting hard to avoid the premium model but was already headed that way for 3-4 years. Yes, the pandemic was a final nail in the coffin, however, that coffin was already 4 feet under ground. Prior to Covid they were already relying on Patreon (~2017).

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa

how do people like you not understand a post and take it all into crazy land. My post basically said it looks like the free model don’t work and someone else will probably start a meeting site that’s free when Fanatic goes full premium

Reactions: Aclone

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
how do people like you not understand a post and take it all into crazy land. My post basically said it looks like the free model don’t work and someone else will probably start a meeting site that’s free when Fanatic goes full premium
I'll take any bet you want that CF isn't full premium ever

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
That's a pretty stupid stance to take on a bet, but since I can never lose because you gave forever as the timeline I have 250k I can pull out of an annuity this fall if you're looking to place a bet you'd never be able to win?

I was just getting ready to say the same thing. The only way I lose is I die before it goes all premium.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
That's a pretty stupid stance to take on a bet, but since I can never lose because you gave forever as the timeline I have 250k I can pull out of an annuity this fall if you're looking to place a bet you'd never be able to win?
I'd argue equally as stupid as KnowNothing thinking this site will ever go full premium

OldCurmudgeon

Nov 25, 2017
90%

It’s just nice because the trolls and bickering children aren’t there. So it’s more civilized conversation with rational speaking.

And there you have it. Too many children here derailing posts with how you should spell HOK, for example. I've been trying to decide whether I want to start paying for the content or not. This tips the scales a little more.

Thorongil Clone

Gone to Numenor
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 2, 2021
Nothing crazy here. The free model DID work. Current events changed that. I have no comprehension issue. Go live your life.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Nothing crazy here. The free model DID work. Current events changed that. I have no comprehension issue. Go live your life.

Yeah and that’s exactly what I said and then you tried to argue what I said, then part of your argument was saying basically exactly what I said. The free model must not be working.

Reactions: baagoe

Thorongil Clone

Gone to Numenor
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 2, 2021
Yeah and that’s exactly what I said and then you tried to argue what I said, then part of your argument was saying basically exactly what I said. The free model must not be working.
. No. Your barely coherent response is not correct and you are ignoring nuance. But I tell you what, Champ, I'll just leave it there.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
And there you have it. Too many children here derailing posts with how you should spell HOK, for example. I've been trying to decide whether I want to start paying for the content or not. This tips the scales a little more.
Obviously with 3 Ks not sure why that would even be deleted.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
I actually started doing premium when the KXNO layoff fiasco went down last year. Kind of a wake up call that nothing is truly free, and I decided to start supporting the site.

The additional perks that CW launched have been worth it. And if it helps CF produce more of the content (podcasts, etc.) I like, it's worth it.

PsychedCy09

Jul 8, 2018
After making a wise choice to say F*** the Hoks as a young kid and become a cyclones fan, I found this site and it has been one of the better long standing experiences of being apart of the fan base. When CW asked for help I had no problem going premium to support the community despite not really visiting the premium forum often. I think free or premium you get good info either way and have no problem with someone moving the work they do for free on there time to a different forum.

zcecsch

Feb 6, 2021
I actually started doing premium when the KXNO layoff fiasco went down last year. Kind of a wake up call that nothing is truly free, and I decided to start supporting the site.

The additional perks that CW launched have been worth it. And if it helps CF produce more of the content (podcasts, etc.) I like, it's worth it.

As I have entered the "working world" and have gotten disposable income, I have come to realize sometimes it is quite worth it to spend your money on things you like and that you want to continue existing.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
As a premium subscriber, I can tell you that a decent chunk of info shared would be stuff CW would probably not share in articles or on a free board. More sensitive stuff. There is still risk even putting it there. I see the premium side as something separate and additional rather than withholding things from the free side. For whatever it’s worth.
The idea that a premium board is somehow safer to post insider info than a public board is laughable. There is no background check. It is still a public forum, you just need a credit card and the cost is in no way prohibitive to the people who may actually use the info to their advantage. I don't have a problem with a premium board. More power to CF. Their free content is great and any way they need to make money to keep that going is fine by me. That said, anything that is posted on premium can be posted for free at exactly the same risk. Anyone who believes otherwise is a sucker.

Cyclonscin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2020
Savannah, GA
@cyclone4L

I've always appreciated your content and will be signing up somewhere to get my fix. If a guy only wanted to subscribe in one place, should he do it here or on 247?