Movies you refuse to watch.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
What's the problem with Lord of the Rings? Every other person's mentioned that one, and it's actually three well-done films.

For me the big thing is that they are so freaking long. You almost have to set aside half a day to watch each one

IMO I think you are missing out on one of the single best performances in the modern acting era here. I do not like Chrisitan Bale as Batman though.

For me the big thing with this aside from the fact I don't care for this new adaption of Batman is that I like most of Heath's stuff (except Brokeback) and don't care to have my last image of him playing the Joker where he looks like he rose from the dead.

cycopath25

Sep 8, 2006
(307)
I made the mistake of watching this...one of the worst movies ever made.

That is what I thought the first time I watched it, and then i went back and watched it again and loved it. To me it is one of those movies you have to see more than once to get it.

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
Brokeback Mountain

Very good movie...I love how people actually thought there would be all this male nudity in it because it's about two gay guys when they show female nudity almost always in it (when there's nudity). Seriously, it's a great movie.

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
I love movies, but here are my two "picks:" Lord of the Rings and the Twilight movies.

I know LOTR is supposed to be good, but I tried to watch the first one twice and fell asleep twice within 30 minutes. That's saying something because I'm a very curious person, LOVE movies, and am easily entertained.

S

st8

I will drown myself, in a sink, before I go see any of the Fast and Furious movies.

I remember reading a synopsis recently that stated that "drifting" was invented in Tokyo.

Really? I think Gary Olds and Eddie Rickenbacker would probably take issue with that.

I think the fact that these movies are only enjoyed by asians, guidos, and dudes with fart can mufflers on their "tricked out" dodge neons makes a much stronger argument against them for me then does their historical inaccuracy.

Phaedrus

Jan 13, 2008
Khorasan
Yes, because watching a film that has almost no allusions to homosexuality except a few times makes you gay. Obviously....and watching Star Wars makes me want to join the force. Give me a ******* break. There's a reason it had tons of Academy Award nominations.

Yep. And that reason is that it pushed forward a popular hollywood agenda item. Period. Make a movie pushing pet Hollywood agendas and you get all the nominations you can handle.

Each and every year there a bunch of mediocre films that get nominated because they fit in to on or another Hollywood agenda issue.

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
Yep. And that reason is that it pushed forward a popular hollywood agenda item. Period. Make a movie pushing pet Hollywood agendas and you get all the nominations you can handle.

Each and every year there a bunch of mediocre films that get nominated because they fit in to on or another Hollywood agenda issue.

Seriously, it's a good movie regardless of the nominations. I'm going to leave it at that. It's really not that "gay." There's way more boobs in this movie than anything close to "gay."

I don't know about you though, I like to speak about movies I've actually seen.

Phaedrus

Jan 13, 2008
Khorasan
I think the fact that these movies are only enjoyed by asians, guidos, and dudes with fart can mufflers on their "tricked out" dodge neons makes a much stronger argument against them for me then does their historical inaccuracy.

It's not the inaccuracy; it's the uneducated ignorance combined with unfounded arrogance that thrives in that culture.

I'm a motor head. I enjoy performance automobiles, motorcycles and aircraft. But I have nothing but contempt for those who turn it into a lifestyle. I believe one would refer to them as "losers".

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
It's not the inaccuracy; it's the uneducated ignorance combined with unfounded arrogance that thrives in that culture.

I'm a motor head. I enjoy performance automobiles, motorcycles and aircraft. But I have nothing but contempt for those who turn it into a lifestyle. I believe one would refer to them as "losers".

+200

Phaedrus

Jan 13, 2008
Khorasan
Seriously, it's a good movie regardless of the nominations. I'm going to leave it at that. It's really not that "gay." There's way more boobs in this movie than anything close to "gay."

I don't know about you though, I like to speak about movies I've actually seen.

In a thread dedicated to movies you'd never go see?

I believe the point is that the subject matter of Brokeback Mountain is so repellent that large amounts of people are unwilling to pick those allegedly delicious peanuts out of that large pile of steaming turd.

I generally refuse to go to any "issue movies". The chances of them actually being anything but horrendous is so remote to make it worth my time to avoid them.

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
In a thread dedicated to movies you'd never go see?

I believe the point is that the subject matter of Brokeback Mountain is so repellent that large amounts of people are unwilling to pick those allegedly delicious peanuts out of that large pile of steaming turd.

I generally refuse to go to any "issue movies". The chances of them actually being anything but horrendous is so remote to make it worth my time to avoid them.

I know what you're saying, and as someone who actually saw the movie....it's not even remotely close to what people think it is. I remember after i saw it, in the news reading all these quotes and I knew right away the people quoting about it had never even seen it because they were about 5 miles off from what the movie was.

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Just to add to the Fast and the Furious discussion, the Tokyo Drift movie actually isn't that bad. All the others with Paul Walker and Vin Diesel are god awful. I thought the 3rd was entertaining just because it took the series to a new location and added fresh faces. Then they turned around and brought it back to crap but I was very surprised that I actually liked the 3rd movie.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Just to add to the Fast and the Furious discussion, the Tokyo Drift movie actually isn't that bad. All the others with Paul Walker and Vin Diesel are god awful. I thought the 3rd was entertaining just because it took the series to a new location and added fresh faces. Then they turned around and brought it back to crap but I was very surprised that I actually liked the 3rd movie.
But think about Gary Olds and Eddie Rickenbacker!!!

Alswelk

Slightly Radioactive
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 5, 2006
Albuquerque, NM
The first (LotR) movie being dull carries over from the first book being dull. My recommendation would be to watch the second and third ones, then if you're into it at that point, go back and watch the first one.

The first book is basically 300 pages about walking, so it's understandably dull. But once the battles start, and the more sweeping aspects of the story kick in, it's incredible. Once you're hooked, it makes the first one a lot more interesting.

Last edited:

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville

Just to be clear, by lifestyle you mean something that doesn't generate income just a temporary happiness right. We aren't talking about a career in this case are we?