How can I **** the most people off at once with bands I don't like? Hmmm

Led Zepplin
Rolling Stones
Beatles
Queen (besides like 3 songs)
Jimi Hendrix
The Ramones
Prince

Just not a fan of them, they weren't during my time and my father was never a big music guy so he never influenced me.

Who do you enjoy? Maybe this can flip to a positive thread

KnappShack

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Country music:spinny:. Just personal preference.

My only complaint about country is that it's just pop music in disguise these days.

Jones, Cash, Nelson, Twitty, etc. Classic country is a top shelf form of music. Keith Urban type of country is pretty much equal to the Backstreet Boys

StratCY

Apr 22, 2011
Austin, TX
Rush+sucks+t-shirt.jpg

Do tell

CarolinaCy

Apr 18, 2008
Can't believe no one has said Green Day yet. It's funny how they are seemingly adored by millions, yet everyone bags on Nickleback because all of their songs sound alike. Green Day was perfecting that 20 years ago.

StratCY

Apr 22, 2011
Austin, TX
Just having a little fun with you. They have obviously fostered a cottage industry around them, as you can see.

Oh I know, You either love 'em or hate 'em. I dont care if people arent into their sound/style, but you cannot argue their talent. Thats just me though

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Nirvana and Bush hands down. Saw Bush in '96 at Hilton. They were horrible. Veruca Salt opened for them and ate their lunch. O.A.R is the only band I can think of that is fantastic live but I hate their studio tracks.

You may not like Nirvana's music but they opened the door for so many artists of the 90's. They took us from hair bands to the music of the 90s.

As for Bush, they really are not put up there like other bands. They are not great but not bad and are treated that way.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
My only complaint about country is that it's just pop music in disguise these days.

Jones, Cash, Nelson, Twitty, etc. Classic country is a top shelf form of music. Keith Urban type of country is pretty much equal to the Backstreet Boys

So much this.

I know producers will roll out whatever sells, but when Rascal Flatts came out I knew it was over for good country music.

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
Green Day it is. I swallowed the hype, bought their CD and gave it away the next day.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
Listing Queen or Rush makes you look ignorant. Give their 70s albums (before they got into synthesizers, because they clearly didn't need them) another listen and get back to me.

In defense of KISS: with the exception of "Beth," they never really gave a rip about writing something intellectual. It was all about the live show. I challenge you to find a better one. They're STILL packing arenas.

Bigbuck31pt

Sep 10, 2010
Listing Queen or Rush makes you look ignorant. Give their 70s albums (before they got into synthesizers, because they clearly didn't need them) another listen and get back to me.

In defense of KISS: with the exception of "Beth," they never really gave a rip about writing something intellectual. It was all about the live show. I challenge you to find a better one. They're STILL packing arenas.

This

I have seen a lot of concerts:
Kiss
Rolling Stones
Pink Floyd
ZZ Top
Plant/Page
Ted Nugent
Motley Crue
Styx
Rush
Ozzy
Triumph
Journey
Van Halen
ACDC

The 2 Kiss shows I have seen are both in the top 5 of all of my concerts, incredible live shows.

B.L.

Nov 28, 2006
U2 almost every song has tons of echo and the same guitar riff. They do do a lot for humanity though.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
It's the "... and why" part that's difficult.

When I think of overrated bands, one of the first that comes to mind is Van Halen. Partly, I think even some its freshest output, which came in the Roth-era, hasn't aged well. But is that a good measuring stick?

I think The Who is overrated, too, but (for lack of a better phrase) I can't explain.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Who would you all say is the most over rated rock band of all time and why?

Some of the most over rated bands to me are AC/DC, Sublime, Nickleback... there are a bunch. But #1 on that list is Nirvana. Kirk Cobain could barely play guitar, and wasn't that great of a singer. They played catchy songs, and had this raw and somewhat fresh style and look, but they really were not good musicians. The first time I ever picked up a guitar, I learned how to play "Smells Like Teen Spirit" that's how easy their songs are.

You just completely missed the point of that band.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville

It's gone back a little. It certainly isn't how I would want it but guys like Farr, Hodges, etc are a lot closer than what there was for a few years.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
When I think of overrated bands, one of the first that comes to mind is Van Halen. Partly, I think even some its freshest output, which came in the Roth-era, hasn't aged well. But is that a good measuring stick?

uh, yeah. Eddie spawned a generation of imitators. He revolutionized what you could do with a guitar during an era where disco almost killed Rock n Roll. Keep um coming!

Last edited:

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
I didn't like country growing up but now I like the pop sounds of a lot of new country. If it didn't have the twang and talking about trucks all the time I'd love it

I like the emotion of will hodges, Stephen kellogg, Ron Pope, and that type of country the best.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron