Most Hated Beer(s)?

harty83

Nov 15, 2006
Sioux Falls SD
Not necessarily the worst you've ever had, because you know better than to go back to that well. More like the macrobrew that you hate that always seems to turn up as the only option at a party, or the craft beer or import that everyone seems to love, but you just don't get it.

For me:
Rolling Rock
Bud Light
Michelob Ultra

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Miller Lite

I cannot understand how anyone drinks that stuff, let alone makes it their drink of choice.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Iron-city.jpg

roundball

Dec 8, 2013
Iowa City area
New Glarus Spotted Cow. People act like it's ambrosia, but it's very ho-hum (their Moon Man is a much better beer).

I think the "only available in Wisconsin" exclusivity adds some mystique, sort of like New Belgium and Templeton Rye before they were available all over the place.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Not necessarily the worst you've ever had, because you know better than to go back to that well. More like the macrobrew that you hate that always seems to turn up as the only option at a party, or the craft beer or import that everyone seems to love, but you just don't get it.

For me:
Rolling Rock
Bud Light

Michelob Ultra

We're tracking. To me, RR has the aftertaste of what I'd assume nail polish remover tastes like. Hate BL too.

harty83

Nov 15, 2006
Sioux Falls SD
Miller Lite

I cannot understand how anyone drinks that stuff, let alone makes it their drink of choice.

When I was young, my dad always drank Coors Light. Then when I was a teenager he switched to MGD lite. Now he always gets Miller Lite. While I don't completely hate it, I still like the other two options better.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Miller Lite

I did a cheap beer taste test (not all-encompassing) , and Miller Lite performed pretty well.

The consensus worst beers we tried were:

Keystone Light
Rolling Rock
Milwaukee's Best

huntt26

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
New Glarus Spotted Cow. People act like it's ambrosia, but it's very ho-hum (their Moon Man is a much better beer).

I think the "only available in Wisconsin" exclusivity adds some mystique, sort of like New Belgium and Templeton Rye before they were available all over the place.

Moon Man is fantastic.

roundball

Dec 8, 2013
Iowa City area

Sometimes I wonder if this is the only thing keeping Bud Light in business. Honestly. Every type of large gathering, from Super Bowl parties to business conferences to wedding receptions inevitably serves Bud Light because they have to cater to the lowest common denominator.

Similarly, if an event like that feels they need to have at least one import option, it's always Heineken. I can just see the organizers thinking "well, we should have something upscale and fancy, too...Heineken's from Germany or something, let's go with that!"

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron