Most Annoying word or phrase

dbronco7sc

Mar 25, 2006
Brookings, SD
Visit site
"I wasn't gonna say anything, but..."

...you changed your mind and now you're going to say it, and you seem to think that the fact that you weren't going to tell me originally is somehow relevant to the story.

ISU_REV

Apr 21, 2006
I actually yell at people when they say "PIN number". IT IS NOT PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER NUMBER!!!

PS...Same goes with VIN number

Cyznutz

Jan 6, 2009
Illinois
I believe the definition of "hot" water is >120°F. Anything less than this would be considered warm or cold. :wink:

just sayin'

Dont be these guys!!

nerds.jpg

swammi

May 10, 2009
Apollo Beach, Florida
I heard this discussed on kggo this morning. Poll was taken on most annoying word / phrase. What Ever was number 1. I agree with that although I can't stand the phrase "you know" which was a close second.

'Whatever' so totally tops most annoying word poll - Yahoo! News

Smith is still trying to get "untracked". On track, he's trying to get on track.

Also HATE unseasonable when used by a weatherman. Weather that is different than one would expect this time of year is UNSEASONAL not unseasonable. Blech.

swammi

May 10, 2009
Apollo Beach, Florida
Substituting -izzle at the end of any word. Even "fizzle" annoys me now, and it's a legitimate word. :)

i-anything (iPhone, iMac, iChair, iGargeDoor, iSHUTUP!)

most irritating suffix is "ality". Physicality is one of my real favorites. My eyeballs are going to explode some day when someone says that.