More annoying loss so far this year POLL

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

More annoying loss

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Yeah the Baylor one hurts more because that one affected our conference chances

It also just hurt more in terms of getting our ass kicked the first half, then turning it on the second half. Iowa (despite last week), is a solid team that is hard for a Big 12 style team to play against. We should have crushed Baylor and we probably would if we played them again next week.

Reactions: cyclones12321

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
Baylor is more "annoying" I'm thinking because we could have won pretty easily, if we just shore up special teams by like 25%. Iowa just wasn't our day.

Losing to Iowa stinks more for non-football reasons (shutting up tavern hawks, co-workers, etc).

cycophagus

Aug 16, 2012
MN
Personally, I’m having a harder time getting over the loss to Baylor. WTF were we doing?
kick-fail.gif

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
Personally, I’m having a harder time getting over the loss to Baylor. WTF were we doing?
I'll say Iowa just because it's like each year our offense never does anything in those games. And then goes on to have a really good run game with a confident Purdy. In Baylor we at least threw up points. We need to pound baylor and iowa next year.

• Agree
Reactions: CyBobby and Wally86

Wally86

Oct 23, 2008
Central Iowa
If the clones only lose one more, to OU, and make the CCG the most annoying loss is Iowa. If we lose two more and don’t make the CCG it’s Baylor. If we lose three more no CCG and it’s Iowa… ya there are other combinations it just feels like the in between where Baylor matters more isn’t the likely outcome.

cyfan21

Aug 24, 2010
Davenport
Best poll question of the year.

No matter how much I wanted to beat Iowa, Baylor is the correct answer

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
I feel like Baylor is our UL Lafayette game this year. We got dinged for losing to the Cajuns last year, but then by the end of the season people realized they were actually a pretty good team. Same thing with Baylor. That loss will look a little less baffling in due time. The typically "better" team lost that game, but bad games will get ya.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I feel like Baylor is our UL Lafayette game this year. We got dinged for losing to the Cajuns last year, but then by the end of the season people realized they were actually a pretty good team. Same thing with Baylor. That loss will look a little less baffling in due time. The typically "better" team lost that game, but bad games will get ya.

It would look baffling if ISU runs the table (big if) and there's a scramble for the CFP.

And if Iowa loses 2-3 more games that will look baffling too.

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
It also just hurt more in terms of getting our ass kicked the first half, then turning it on the second half. Iowa (despite last week), is a solid team that is hard for a Big 12 style team to play against. We should have crushed Baylor and we probably would if we played them again next week.
Which loss hurts more was not the question though. (And I agree that the Baylor loss hurts more.) But just from the sheer annoyance of Iowa's fanbase...the Iowa loss was more annoying.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
It's Iowa for me. Need to beat them. It's been 7 years... time to get it done. The impact is probably felt a little more by in state Cyclone fans that have to deal with hok fans on a daily basis.

Baylor is damaging, but at this point not looking like a bad loss, and we still control our destiny to get to Dallas. Lose another conf. game to non OU and you could make an argument for Baylor.

• Love
Reactions: CyBobby

quasistellar

Feb 29, 2016
I voted based on the wording of the question, and the correct answer without a doubt is Iowa in that case. I don't have to deal with random tavern bears on a daily basis.

And it's not like that loss doesn't matter for a "magical" season, anyway. Every loss matters, but obviously for getting to the conference title game BU matters more. That wasn't the question, though.

• Winner
Reactions: CyBobby

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I despise Iowa more than Baylor but when we literally give away touchdowns its our own fault. The Baylor loss was annoying because it was a conference game and we had coaching, special teams, and offensive errors all over the place.