More and more it feels like K-State/OU won't happen ...

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Harold R. Kuntz
@HaroldRKuntz3
·
Sep 22
At #KState: Chris Kleiman says there's "another position" where they are really close to the threshold of not being able to play. Mentions last week they were 1 player at 1 position away from having to cancel, now it's another position.

"This is obviously a tricky situation that will be closely monitored by the day as kickoff approaches. If either Kansas State or Oklahoma were to fall below the threshold before then, this game will likely be postponed or canceled."

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
K-State loses to a Sun Belt team at home in front of actual fans, then slow plays a cancellation of a game vs a top 3 team and blames it on covid. Can't say I blame them. I would want ISU to do the same in their shoes.

TheJackWePack5

Oct 2, 2011
Ankeny, IA.
K-State loses to a Sun Belt team at home in front of actual fans, then slow plays a cancellation of a game vs a top 3 team and blames it on covid. Can't say I blame them. I would want ISU to do the same in their shoes.
No kidding.

I think KSU can cover the 28, but they’re gonna get pounded regardless.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Harold R. Kuntz
@HaroldRKuntz3
·
Sep 22
At #KState: Chris Kleiman says there's "another position" where they are really close to the threshold of not being able to play. Mentions last week they were 1 player at 1 position away from having to cancel, now it's another position.

"This is obviously a tricky situation that will be closely monitored by the day as kickoff approaches. If either Kansas State or Oklahoma were to fall below the threshold before then, this game will likely be postponed or canceled."
How do you keep having so many new cases?!

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
I'm guessing most of K-State's issues involve contract tracing not positive tests. OU's Lincoln Riley said the same thing about his program. It's no fun watching teams with depleted rosters try to complete.

Anyone watching Navy v. BYU knows that squads that have not practiced adequately are going to get leveled. Add on a depleted roster and it's just a bad watch.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
It's informative that K-State is busing to Norman, 310 miles, 5 hours. That suggests how perilous the budget these days given that they always flew there in the past.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
It's informative that K-State is busing to Norman, 310 miles, 5 hours. That suggests how perilous the budget these days given that they always flew there in the past.

Or...they want to avoid airlines right now because of Covid. I know I wouldn't fly anywhere right now.

• Agree
  • Winner
Reactions: Aclone and Acylum