Monte: 8.33 to 1.

greatshu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2007
KS
He is averaging 8.33 to 1 on Asst/TO ratio for last two Big12 tournament. He's nuts.

2014: 14 Assists, 3 TO
2015: 11 Assists, 0 TO

5.83 to 1 in post-season, that's just amazing.

greatshu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2007
KS
Mind as well put him on a Guinness book of world records.

mcdrier

Dec 11, 2013
Big Game Te! Comes to play! Hey I rhymed!

He was huge this weekend....would any one like to answer, if he just blows up in the NCAA tourney, (and I am saying really blow up, taking the team well beyond the Sweet 16, with amazing stats) with all the national attention, do you think he would consider going pro? I hate to bring it up, but I have seen players have these hot streaks, gets the iron hot, and you know the rest.....

Cyclones01

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 23, 2008
Urbandale
He only needs 5 more assists without a turnover to hit the 5:1 mark. Just ridiculous.

thisISnextyear

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Ames
He had 3 less assists in the tournament this weekend versus last year. Is he running out of gas???

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
He only needs 5 more assists without a turnover to hit the 5:1 mark. Just ridiculous.

Completely ridiculous. Just a mind-blowing, unparalleled dominance of a statistic. The only other comparison is what Chris Paul is doing in the NBA now, but in his 2 years at Wake he had A:T ratios of 2.2 and 2.4.

Monte Morris is TWICE as good at taking care of the ball as Chris Paul was in college. Just sayin', it's ******* ridiculous.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
I'm actually glad Marcus Paige didn't really consider us.

I'm not saying Paige isn't good, he is, but something just doesn't add up about his game.

Man-Man is perfect for what we do.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
Big Game Te! Comes to play! Hey I rhymed!

He was huge this weekend....would any one like to answer, if he just blows up in the NCAA tourney, (and I am saying really blow up, taking the team well beyond the Sweet 16, with amazing stats) with all the national attention, do you think he would consider going pro? I hate to bring it up, but I have seen players have these hot streaks, gets the iron hot, and you know the rest.....

my amateur opinion is it's still a longshot he's not wearing cardinal and gold next year. But if he keeps this shooting up and ISU makes a big run who knows. He's always been a great PG but this weekend was a step up from anything we've seen from his so far.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
my amateur opinion is it's still a longshot he's not wearing cardinal and gold next year. But if he keeps this shooting up and ISU makes a big run who knows. He's always been a great PG but this weekend was a step up from anything we've seen from his so far.

The way he talks about Niang and McKay being is best brothers, it makes me wonder if even if they get to an Elite 8 or Final 4 level and his stock is starting to go up, he might still come back with them to take care of unfinished business.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA

I'm not saying Paige isn't good, he is, but something just doesn't add up about his game.

IMO, that something is Roy Williams. And the fact that he's the absolutely only outside threat on his team. He basically has to play point and shooting guard at the same time, and try to create with horrible spacing since they have so many non-shooters.

that said, I wouldn't trade Monte for anyone.

clonefan24

Feb 4, 2014

I agree that Monte is perfect for our system and I wouldn't trade him for anyone. I would love to see Marcus Paige on this team, though. He would be a better back up point than Naz and he's 38.6% outside shooter. He's good now, but I think he'd be great under a coach like Hoiberg.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
I remember him saying something about coming back next year no matter what.