Money suspended?

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Former Qbs make excellent route runners, and generally great WRs I have plenty of examples.

What are you talking about? Flynn was horrid!

/sarcasm

It is a very valid point.

I've never felt Money would be a bad get or that we don't need him. I just see so many of our fans desperately wanting to get him when we really should be desperately wanting to bring in some help for the side of the ball that literally killed our team this season.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Former Qbs make excellent route runners, and generally great WRs I have plenty of examples.
thanks for the input and thoughts. we need guys like you with perspective that we don't have-thanks.

trajanJ

Sep 11, 2008
Don't put expectations on him. Let him come in and make his own way. 4 star juco rankings are totally different than high school rankings. KU signed the #1 juco player in the country last year and everybody built him up to be KU's next Gale Sayers. He's currently the 3rd string rb. You need as many receivers as you can get. Let him come in and contribute without expecting him to be the next All-Pro.

SeattleClone

Aug 15, 2006
This is getting borderline creepy, give they guy and break and let him be a kid. If he comes to ISU, it appears we have a solid addition to the team and if not, wish him luck elsewhere.

Vanillathrilla's avatar is borderline creepy, this thread is getting downright scary.

cmhawks99

Nov 15, 2008
Bourbonnais, Il
Well I'm not sure I'd say they "generally" make good WR’s or run good routes (though that is definitely more important than speed) as I can give you several examples off of just Iowa alone that go both ways, but I'll agree they should have a good knowledge of what to do, but that doesn't happen in half a season in Junior College usually.

Chad

ISUclones33

Nov 26, 2006
You dont even want me to go into examples of how many QBs are excellent WRs. Especially "dual threat" Qbs.
Hell, even Brett Farve can get wide open..

Bigguns

Sep 22, 2008
You misunderstood me. I meant assuming the coaches felt like whatever happened was not a big enough issue to pull his offer. I didn't mean to completely overlook what happened regardless of what it was.

Sorry, I get a little carried away sometimes.

ISUboi12

Apr 12, 2006
dsm
Mods,

I have C2TB on my ignore list, but I took a peek at his posts due to the responses of others.

I am all for free speech, I have been irked when some of my posts have been deleted when I didn't see a problem.

I have to wonder how much longer you are going to let him nourish his need for recognition and attention, especially when his words can have a direct impact on the interests of ISU athletics. One person can make a difference in another's mind, and C2TB seems intent on proving this conception. I am not going to pretend to know his motivation, but it clearly isn't to support the university and coaching staff.

You might not like people, but you grin and bear it. Especially when that person is in a position to provide services that make Iowa State better. IMO his IP should be banned.

Lenny25

Jan 2, 2008
Overland Park, Kansas
Geez -- do you some of you do NOTHING all day but find faults in people?

This is a potential recruit / ISU football player u are talking about. Why don't we just let the coaching staff and the family discuss it, we will find out soon enough.

In the meantime, stop trying to pick fights and influence decisions.. Why give a potential recruit a bad taste from a message board?

If any recruit is making decisions based on the postings of 200 memebrs of any schools fan base, (ie: those that post on here) then we are going after the wrong dudes.

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
Mods,

I have C2TB on my ignore list, but I took a peek at his posts due to the responses of others.

I am all for free speech, I have been irked when some of my posts have been deleted when I didn't see a problem.

I have to wonder how much longer you are going to let him nourish his need for recognition and attention, especially when his words can have a direct impact on the interests of ISU athletics. One person can make a difference in another's mind, and C2TB seems intent on proving this conception. I am not going to pretend to know his motivation, but it clearly isn't to support the university and coaching staff.

You might not like people, but you grin and bear it. Especially when that person is in a position to provide services that make Iowa State better. IMO his IP should be banned.

As always, if posters break site rules, they are dealt with accordingly. We encourage you, or anyone else, to report posts you feel are against site rules, so the moderating team can discuss them.

If you feel one of your posts has been unfairly deleted, please click the "Staff" link in the upper right of the top nav bar. You can see which mods are online and get a quick response.

ISUboi12

Apr 12, 2006
dsm
If any recruit is making decisions based on the postings of 200 memebrs of any schools fan base, (ie: those that post on here) then we are going after the wrong dudes.

When one is making it personal on a family member it can have consequences. Sort of like personal testimony. How many times do you hear about people not going to a business anymore because they had a bad experience with an employee?

Like others have stated, we aren't in a position to be critical of any recruit. Be appreciative of their interest and leave it at that.

ISUboi12

Apr 12, 2006
dsm
If you feel one of your posts has been unfairly deleted, please click the "Staff" link in the upper right of the top nav bar. You can see which mods are online and get a quick response.

Not the point of my post, but thanks for the explanation :smile:

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
Not the point of my post, but thanks for the explanation :smile:

You mentioned that you were "irked" when one of your posts was deleted...I thought I'd let you know how you can get an explanation.

We recently discussed how to make the mods more accessible, and Jeremy recently added the "Staff" link/feature. Just getting the word out!

Lenny25

Jan 2, 2008
Overland Park, Kansas
Mods,

WOW! You want his IP banned because his comments may keep this or another kid from coming to ISU? Seriously? If some recruit gets his feelings hurt to the point of no longer considering ISU as an option, then so be it. I would hope we are recruiting kids with slightly thicker skin, then as to be offended by message board BS.

Last edited:

ISUboi12

Apr 12, 2006
dsm
You mentioned that you were "irked" when one of your posts was deleted...I thought I'd let you know how you can get an explanation.

We recently discussed how to make the mods more accessible, and Jeremy recently added the "Staff" link/feature. Just getting the word out!

I know, I wasn't being a smart ***. Just because I don't think theres something wrong with it doesn't mean there isn't. I trust the mod judgment. I just wish you wouldn't let posters treat visitors with disrespect, especially when those visitors aren't doing anything to disrespect ISU or its fans.

ISUboi12

Apr 12, 2006
dsm
WOW! You want his IP banned because his comments may keep this or another kid from coming to ISU? Seriously? If some recruit gets his feelings hurt to the point of no longer considering ISU as an option, then so be it. I would hope we are recruiting kids with slightly thicker skin, then as to be offended by message board BS.

If that is true in even one single circumstance, yes.

It isn't about him hurting the kids feelings. It is about his words turning those close to a recruit off the program to where that family member recommends they choose another destination. As I said before, we should be welcoming to recruits and their families.

Reactions: CRLCy

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
I know, I wasn't being a smart ***. Just because I don't think theres something wrong with it doesn't mean there isn't. I trust the mod judgment. I just wish you wouldn't let posters treat visitors with disrespect, especially when those visitors aren't doing anything to disrespect ISU or its fans.

I think that most visitors are treated with great respect here, especially those with ties to a potential recruit or current player. I trust that the visitors recognize that there are differing opinions, and to be able to discern the level of respect and support the vast majority of ISU fans provide.