Monday OT: Live songs better than studio versions

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Hopefully that's an older version?
I've only seen Steven Tyler sing live versions of things recently and he seems to have lost it. Or maybe I'm thrown off by a 69 year old man with long hair with feathers/highlights in it and the pencil thin mustache?

Well, the movie came out in 1993.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines

I honestly don't know if there even is a studio version of this song - anytime I hear it on the radio it's from a live show

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
Every song from Billy Joel's Songs in the Attic. Especially Miami (2017). Kind of forgot about the title of this song. hmmm.....

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Clapton's Cocaine
Traffic's Low Spark of High-heeled Boys

Among the many already mentioned.

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
Have we had this one before? Who the hell knows, lets do it.
I'm sticking to a live album version not, songs I've seen live. Wanna do songs you've seen live, go for it.

Cheap Trick: I Want You to Want Me
Alice in Chains: Rooster (MTV unplugged)
Jackson Browne: Loadout
The Doors: Roadhouse Blues

Most of AC/DC Live vs their studio albums
Wow, that was the first one that came to my mind as well. We must have great taste. Studio version, meh. Live version, megahit.

• Agree
Reactions: JP4CY

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
So many amazing youtube Talking Heads live songs. Too bad the band became so dysfunctional, such great music.
Yeah, they were better live across the board and the Remain In Light tour concert footage is all just amazing. What always gets me is how good Tina Weymouth is since she picked up the bass while in college with Chris Frantz.