Info: Monday Musings: The future of the CF Podcast

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

huntt26

Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk

As are we! Really looking forward to this initiative.

If you're looking to utilize people calling in, something like Google Voice may be the way to go. You'd just take calls on your computer and queue them up. I'm 99% sure it's free for incoming calls as well, and you can turn on do not disturb during non-podcast times. Just a thought since you said you were still going through some hurdles :)

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
As are we! Really looking forward to this initiative.

If you're looking to utilize people calling in, something like Google Voice may be the way to go. You'd just take calls on your computer and queue them up. I'm 99% sure it's free for incoming calls as well, and you can turn on do not disturb during non-podcast times. Just a thought since you said you were still going through some hurdles :)

Thanks for the tip. We will look into this.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
CW, not to be nitpicky about all this new content, but when do you foresee the podcast of the Thursday night show and the Friday podcast being available for download? It really sucks when a weekend preview show gets posted late on Friday afternoon and you don't really have a chance to listen to it prior to Saturday's game, since there isn't much point in listening to it afterwards.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
CW, not to be nitpicky about all this new content, but when do you foresee the podcast of the Thursday night show and the Friday podcast being available for download? It really sucks when a weekend preview show gets posted late on Friday afternoon and you don't really have a chance to listen to it prior to Saturday's game, since there isn't much point in listening to it afterwards.

I usually have the Thursday show up on the site within 30 minutes of its conclusion.

The Friday show will be from 1-2, so iTunes should have it by 3 at the latest I'd think.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
Thanks for the tip. We will look into this.

Yeah, I'd second that. Another podcast I listen to does the google voice for calls. They regularly mention that you can call it anytime, it doesn't ring anywhere, just goes to a voicemail box. They also do play them on the air.

Oh, and more CF content?

dwightfistpump-2.gif

Plus, I'm getting caught up on other podcasts so I was just looking for new stuff today. More CF will fit in nicely.

huntt26

Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
Yeah, I'd second that. Another podcast I listen to does the google voice for calls. They regularly mention that you can call it anytime, it doesn't ring anywhere, just goes to a voicemail box. They also do play them on the air.

Oh, and more CF content?

dwightfistpump-2.gif

Plus, I'm getting caught up on other podcasts so I was just looking for new stuff today. More CF will fit in nicely.

"They regularly mention that you can call it anytime, it doesn't ring anywhere, just goes to a voicemail box. They also do play them on the air"

That would definitely be a good option too - super easy to set up and easy to eliminate the troll callers too. I use Google Voice for my standard voicemail box. We could literally call a number, leave a message and then you guys go to the Google Voice website and just listen to the messages.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
Sounds awesome, podcasts are the most convienent way to get my ISU fix.

You talk about football season specifically but I assume there are tenative plans for this to carry over into bball season too?