Monday-ish OT: Yes But No

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Oceans 12. On my initial viewing, I let it ride the coattails of Oceans 11*, but that was a mess.

Nestled in between a fun Oceans 11 and an okay Oceans 13 was whatever the hell Oceans 12 was.

*talking about the re-makes and not the original rat pack version

• Agree
Reactions: jbindm

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Oceans 12. On my initial viewing, I let it ride the coattails of Oceans 11*, but that was a mess.

Nestled in between a fun Oceans 11 and an okay Oceans 13 was whatever the hell Oceans 12 was.

*talking about the re-makes and not the original rat pack version

Ocean's 12 aka George Clooney's European Vacation. It sucked. Both of the others were much more fun.

• Winner
Reactions: dahliaclone

Walden4Prez

Jul 8, 2014
When I was a kid I lived for the A-Team. Watched every episode, even played A-Team with friends on the playground.

I recently watched an episode....WOOOF.

• Funny
Reactions: Angie

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
When I was a kid I lived for the A-Team. Watched every episode, even played A-Team with friends on the playground.

giphy.gif

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN

I used to watch Batman (1960s series) every afternoon when I was young. Mrs Velo did as well. We saw an episode last weekend. Her comment was "I knew it was bad, but I didn't realize just how bad it was."

• Agree
Reactions: MeanDean

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Not for the show itself, but the advertising of it: The Mod Squad. (Okay, the name is bad, too, but I did like the characters. And great action music :)

"One white, one black, one blond." Definitely wouldn't fly today.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Mortal Kombat was the coolest thing ever as a kid....didn't age well

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Star Wars - I liked these movies when I was in grade school. But the story is super predictable (local boy saves the world, someone falls down a deep hole, etc.). And the dialogue is pretty terrible. I know that it is an unpopular opinion, but I think most people love them solely for nostalgia.

I still love star wars, but what you say has some points. There's a lot of things in star wars that people forget due to the childhood nostalgia effect. And people often forget these things when critiquing the newer movies (though the prequels were undeniably worse than the OT)

• Winner
Reactions: Angie

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Mortal Kombat was the coolest thing ever as a kid....didn't age well

We bought one of those new Super Nintendo things and I went back and started playing the original Mario--really kinda boring.

Walden4Prez

Jul 8, 2014
Swap A-Team with Knight Rider. I was shocked to discover that Hasselhoff’s acting has ALWAYS been that bad.
Knight Rider!!! Somehow I forgot that one....basically unwatchable now. Loved it then.

Dukes of Hazzard - did you ever see that one where some strangers came into town and did some bad stuff because Boss Hogg hired them to, but it somehow got blamed on the Duke boys? Oh, and then some country singer sang at the Boar's Nest while the boys drank some frosty mugs of beer. Then the car jumped. That was cool.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Knight Rider!!! Somehow I forgot that one....basically unwatchable now. Loved it then.

Dukes of Hazzard - did you ever see that one where some strangers came into town and did some bad stuff because Boss Hogg hired them to, but it somehow got blamed on the Duke boys? Oh, and then some country singer sang at the Boar's Nest while the boys drank some frosty mugs of beer. Then the car jumped. That was cool.
I think you just spoiled every episode of The Dukes of Hazzard with one post. Bravo !!

giphy.gif

• Funny
Reactions: Walden4Prez

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops

Reminds me of the A-Team episode where there were 3 car crashes, they manage to get BA on a plane (usually involving drugs), there's an explosion, and somehow the plan comes together. :D

• Agree
Reactions: Walden4Prez

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
3 Billboards Outside of Ebbing Missouri.

I thought it was great at first. By the time it was over I realized it was awful. How the heck did that get all sorts of critical acclaim and get nominated for Best Picture?
I kind of felt that way about a star is born. Thought is was good during and right after, but after getting home I realized I was underwhelmed by it

• Agree
Reactions: jcyclonee

weR138

Feb 20, 2008

Man you're not kidding. It's like my whole childhood was a lie...

In the last few years I've watched originals of The Incredible Hulk, Dukes of Hazzard, CHiPs, The Six Million Dollar Man, Battlestar Gallactica, Buck Rogers, etc. It's all just GARBAGE writing.

And I made my kids watch The Black Hole recently...woof is right. Sorry kids.

Help Support Us

Become a patron