MLB Hall Of Fame Vote: Ken Griffey Jr. record votes

SNEDDS3

Apr 1, 2010
Boone, IA
Griff is in with the most votes, 437 out of 440. 99.32%. Impressive!

Do the names of voters get released to the public? I'd like to know who the 3 that didn't vote him in were and why. I really thought he'd be unanimous.

Thoughts?

tzjung

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 2, 2007
Ankeny, IA
It really pisses me off that 3 ******** didn't vote for him.

Ken Griffey Jr and Frank Thomas were my childhood idols. It was so fun being able to watch them.

cyclonebillski

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 17, 2007
Council Bluffs
The sad thing is that those three are Hall of Fame voters and either vote for no one ever, so no one is unanimous, or vote for guys that don't deserve it, just so someone isn't unanimous. I have no idea how the process works but time for the old guard to bow out.

ISUME

Mar 13, 2012
The sad thing is that those three are Hall of Fame voters and either vote for no one ever, so no one is unanimous, or vote for guys that don't deserve it, just so someone isn't unanimous. I have no idea how the process works but time for the old guard to bow out.

They can vote on up to 10 players, so these 3 individuals did this on purpose.

SNEDDS3

Apr 1, 2010
Boone, IA
It really pisses me off that 3 ******** didn't vote for him.

Ken Griffey Jr and Frank Thomas were my childhood idols. It was so fun being able to watch them.

I wasn't the biggest Griffey fan but I loved the way he played the game and THAT SWING.....PRETTY!!!

I really hope the names are released of who voted for what (No, I'm not gonna twitter rape them). Would love to hear their thoughts about why he wasn't deserving. He is one of the last players that actually were good for the game. Jeter next.

casey1973

Apr 20, 2012
Ames
A good time to sell the Ken Griffey Jr. rookie card I suppose. Probably a million out there.

SNEDDS3

Apr 1, 2010
Boone, IA
Probably at least worth $60 if upper deck...maybe. Wasn't that UD first year? Not sure at all and lazy with the ol' google.

casey1973

Apr 20, 2012
Ames
Probably at least worth $60 if upper deck...maybe. Wasn't that UD first year? Not sure at all and lazy with the ol' google.

Ya that's the one I have. I don't have any idea what its worth. Probably less than the Charizard hologaphic card I have.

roundball

Dec 8, 2013
Iowa City area
I wasn't the biggest Griffey fan but I loved the way he played the game and THAT SWING.....PRETTY!!!

I really hope the names are released of who voted for what (No, I'm not gonna twitter rape them). Would love to hear their thoughts about why he wasn't deserving. He is one of the last players that actually were good for the game. Jeter next.

There are some voters who've said they'll never vote for a player from that era because they're all potentially tainted by steroid use. Not defending it at all, but that's what I've heard some of them say.

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
The three morons who didn't vote for him should not be voting for the Hall of Fame. He is arguably (and in my opinion) the greatest player to ever play the game. He was a class act and represented baseball as well as anyone has ever. I just can't see a good argument other than they didn't want him to be unanimous which is bs.

Last edited:

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center

About 10 years ago a voter came out and said he'll never vote anyone unanimous because even the top echelon players never received unanimous voting

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
The three morons who didn't vote for him should not be voting for the Hall of Fame. He is arguably (and in my opinion) the greatest player to ever play the game. He was a class act and represented baseball as well as anyone has ever. I just can't see a good argument other than they didn't want him to be unanimous which is bs.

Greatest ever to play the game? He was great but not that great. Maybe if he could have stayed healthy after going to Cinci. Was never the same.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

Ty Cobb and Babe Ruth werent unanimous. Griffey was deserving but if guys like that didnt, no way Jr. gets it. That being said the voters are idiots.

SerenityNow

Dec 4, 2009
Central Iowa
Love it that junior got the highest percentage ever. Would love to see him wear the Reds hat, but understand he'll probably go as a Mariner.