Missouri Will Not Move to the SEC<<<

QBUMizzou

Jul 21, 2011
Truth be told, this could still result in Missouri to B1G as your admin wants. I agree with you that it isn't a sure thing and they need to act. It's kind-of like watching the NFL draft...never know what options will be there for your team and what they will choose when the time comes.

Maybe.

I believe Mizzou needs to pull an "Oklahoma" and come right out and say they are pursuing all options. This can only happen if Deaton relinquishes his chairmanship of the Big 12.

Then, and only then, will the B1G realize that Mizzou is serious. Unfortunately the B1G still may not care.

el tornado

Mar 23, 2006
I think most fans in the North schools would rather see MU, KU, KSU, and ISU stay together.
But the big shots don't care about the fans as long as they see a big money TV network

QBUMizzou

Jul 21, 2011
Why would you guys want to go to the SEC? If I was your president I would also be using your SEC "offer" for leverage to the Big 10.

Same money, less competition, same prestige (whether actual or perceived).

I believe (my opinion) that the overwhelming majority of Mizzou fans want the B1G and have for decades. Trouble is, the B1G very obviously wants nothing to do with Mizzou unless they can find some way to use us for leverage.

We have waited long enough. Offers like this one from the SEC normally only come around once in a generation. Blink, and miss an opportunity. Why continue to wait for something that might happen someday when the goose that lays golden eggs is available right now?

Everyone speaks as though membership in the SEC would kill Mizzou but look at South Carolina and Arkansas. Yes, it took a while, but they compete very well in the conference.

Truth is, Mizzou has never won the Big 12 either. Plenty of Big 12 North titles, but no conference championships. I really see no difference.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Winning conference championships will be very, very rare with 12+ team leagues anyway. For example, Iowa has a lot of Big 10 titles, but only one since 1958 was not shared. No more shared titles means way fewer titles to go around.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
Mizzou's big problem is that the Big 10 is holding out for ND. Period. They took Nebraska and shortly thereafter Nebraska is dropped from the AAU.

Mizzou is more of a prize than ISU. I see the Big 10 taking Mizzou before ISU. I just don't know if I see the Big 10 taking anyone right now. They don't have to.

SEC might move cautiously as well. Would Texas go to the SEC??

The Real Aggressor in the whole situation is PAC 12 IMO. They want to expand real bad into Texas/Oklahoma and create an Eastern Division of 8 teams.

The Big 12 is all about Texas/Oklahoma. Always has been. Lose one and you lose it all. The Big 12 is not a BCS AQ without either one of them.

If the Big 12 folds then a vacuum will be created. IMO, the Big East can fill that vacuum quite nicely and pick up the revenues (or at least part of them) that the Big 12 was getting. Eventually the 2 or 3 best teams will fill the vacuum that the top teams of the Big 12 held. That is the way it goes.

People seem to forget that when the Big 12 was formed there were loads of teams in the Top 25. The North was actually considered to be the cream of the conference with Colorado, Nebraska, Kansas State, along with Mizzou, Kansas, and ISU.

Wales

May 22, 2008
Mizzou's big problem is that the Big 10 is holding out for ND. Period. They took Nebraska and shortly thereafter Nebraska is dropped from the AAU.

Mizzou is more of a prize than ISU. I see the Big 10 taking Mizzou before ISU. I just don't know if I see the Big 10 taking anyone right now. They don't have to.

SEC might move cautiously as well. Would Texas go to the SEC??

The Real Aggressor in the whole situation is PAC 12 IMO. They want to expand real bad into Texas/Oklahoma and create an Eastern Division of 8 teams.

The Big 12 is all about Texas/Oklahoma. Always has been. Lose one and you lose it all. The Big 12 is not a BCS AQ without either one of them.

If the Big 12 folds then a vacuum will be created. IMO, the Big East can fill that vacuum quite nicely and pick up the revenues (or at least part of them) that the Big 12 was getting. Eventually the 2 or 3 best teams will fill the vacuum that the top teams of the Big 12 held. That is the way it goes.

People seem to forget that when the Big 12 was formed there were loads of teams in the Top 25. The North was actually considered to be the cream of the conference with Colorado, Nebraska, Kansas State, along with Mizzou, Kansas, and ISU.

Wales

May 22, 2008
The big twelve still have a boat load of top 25 OU, OSU, AM, MISSO, TEX, and bAYLOR. I STILL CONSIDER NEB OURS ALSO SINCE THOSE KIDS WENT TO NEB TO PLAY IN THE BIG TWELVE AND NOT THE BIG TEN. THE SEC HAS HAD THE UPPER HAND THE LAST FEW YEARS BUT SINCE THE BIG TWELVE HAS BEEN FORMED I'D PUT US UP AGAINST THE SEC. THE CONFERENCE HAS HELPED PROGRAMS FIND MORE SUCCESS THAN THEY EVER COULD IMAGINED IN ALL SPORTS, LIKE A/M IN BASKETBALL. I ALSO THINK NEB IS GOING TO FIND THEY'RE NOT GOING TO GET BIG TWELVE PLAYERS ANYMORE. THIS IS WHAT MAKES ALL THIS UNBELIEVABLE.

edr247

Aug 4, 2010
The big twelve still have a boat load of top 25 OU, OSU, AM, MISSO, TEX, and bAYLOR. I STILL CONSIDER NEB OURS ALSO SINCE THOSE KIDS WENT TO NEB TO PLAY IN THE BIG TWELVE AND NOT THE BIG TEN. THE SEC HAS HAD THE UPPER HAND THE LAST FEW YEARS BUT SINCE THE BIG TWELVE HAS BEEN FORMED I'D PUT US UP AGAINST THE SEC. THE CONFERENCE HAS HELPED PROGRAMS FIND MORE SUCCESS THAN THEY EVER COULD IMAGINED IN ALL SPORTS, LIKE A/M IN BASKETBALL. I ALSO THINK NEB IS GOING TO FIND THEY'RE NOT GOING TO GET BIG TWELVE PLAYERS ANYMORE. THIS IS WHAT MAKES ALL THIS UNBELIEVABLE.

LOUD NOISES!!!!

QBUMizzou

Jul 21, 2011
I still don't think they're going to the SEC.

I won't be surprised if they go with KU, OU and OK State to the Pac 12.

But I really believe they will land in the Big East with ISU, KU, K State and Baylor.

UNIGuy4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2009
I still don't think they're going to the SEC.

I won't be surprised if they go with KU, OU and OK State to the Pac 12.

But I really believe they will land in the Big East with ISU, KU, K State and Baylor.
I think TU and TT stay in the Big 12 and the Big East merges into the Big 12 to keep the new tv contract.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron