MLB: Misc. General Thread Baseball Season 2017

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
Was at the Giants-Reds game Friday night that went 17 innings. Ended up leaving after bottom of the 10th to make the 20 minute hike back to the BART station to get to my car. Didn't want to push my luck and miss the last train. Was nice to get the win thanks to a Buster walk-off home run, regardless. Just wish I could have heard Tony (Bennett) sing after the final out (I consider it to be part of the complete AT&T ballpark experience, provided they win).

matclone

Nov 13, 2016
I've tried all season so far, but invariably end up turning off the god-awful baseball coverage of ESPN. I'll take the home broadcast team (for any team) any day. But that doesn't help Sunday night.

Has nothing to do with individual personalities, or with politics, but the content--the feed ESPN gives the broadcast team (I'm sure that's how it works; any broadcasters tell me if I'm wrong). They want to talk about anything and everything but the game at hand, and the players in the game (unless of course it's a name, then they have to obsess about it).

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I am establishing the Royals over/under runs versus Sabbatia at 6 for the first 4 innings.

Update: Wut? No runs after five against Sabathia. :eek:

Last edited:

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Royals getting slobberknocked by the Yanks tonight. Ex-Cubbie Castro up to .351 and ex-Twin Hicks with his 7th homer and hitting .329. Maybe that light they always talk about got switched on for Hicks, he's playing great after being really bummed out about getting beat out by Judge.

And Giovanny Gallegos* in to pitched the bottom of the 9th. Who dat?

* edit: Well, he didn't impress anyone. Just needed three outs to preserve a 11-4 win and they end up have to bring in Betances cause this dude gave up 3 runs 5 hits and a walk and had the bases loaded. Betting he is back on the bus to AAA.

Last edited:

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
Thanks to you Giants @Buster28 for that win over the Dodgers last night.

Took the series, at least. Was surprised Cueto didn't have a better outing yesterday. A 5 game winning streak was quite enjoyable while it lasted, especially since the Giants had only won back-to-back games ONCE all season up this past weekend.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Took the series, at least. Was surprised Cueto didn't have a better outing yesterday. A 5 game winning streak was quite enjoyable while it lasted, especially since the Giants had only won back-to-back games ONCE all season up this past weekend.

Hard to beat the Dodgers with Kershaw on the mound.

cyclone101

Oct 19, 2009
Dez Moinz
Don't look now but my boys in Atlanta are 2nd in the east! We comin' for that crown!

...wow our division is terrible.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Yankee bubble is bursting a little. Starting pitching has gone ugly. Not going to be able to sustain .600 ball playing half their games in that AL East Division.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Well, Five Inning CC gave the Yanks 5 decent innings and the pen pitched 4 innings of no hit ball and that was just enough for a 3-2 win. Now back to NY to play on real grass and let the rug burns heal. Castro had one that looked like he had laid down a motorcycle. Woof! ******* domeball.

DaHiltonHaus1

Apr 28, 2017
you seem like a bandwagon fan. Do you want to comment on this?
I'm an Iowa State fan lol. But when my favorite teams aren't on, I root for winners, I root for sports greatness. Iowa State and Cards are my # 1 rooting interest, then I'll watch everybody else.

Help Support Us

Become a patron