SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
MRW the Yankees take down the Red Sox

tenor.gif

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Really liking this trade today!
We'll see how it plays out. BUT, it was Scahill who got the Crew into trouble in that inning (three straight baserunners). Unfortunately, Webb made one bad pitch and it was in the worst situation possible.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I really am not a fan of Bert Blyleven on the Twins telecasts. Just shut the **** up already.

**** Bremer is a good play-by-play guy.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Cooper, the Brewer AAA kid the Yanks got, has three hits tonight against the Twins. Maybe he does not suck.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Yay, Yankees/Twins are on ESPN tonight so I don't have to list to Bert. :)

Edit: Damnit, forgot about blackouts....have to listen to ******* Bert.

Last edited:

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
White Sox about to send Todd Frazier, David Robertson and Tommy Kahnle to New York.

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
For who?

Do not want Frazier, he's Chris Carter II.

Rutherford, Clippard and Clarkin at least.

Frazier is piece #3 of the deal. Robertson is as good as ever and Kahnle is the best middle reliever in baseball this year

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
Sounds like one more player involved. So Frazier/Robertson/Kahnle for Rutherford/Clippard/Clarkin/Fourth dude

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Sounds like one more player involved. So Frazier/Robertson/Kahnle for Rutherford/Clippard/Clarkin/Fourth dude

I could live with that as a Yankee fan.

Would really shore up the bullpen. Bullpen was good early but not so much the last month or so. Clippard could use a change of scenery.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

And the new guys are here with the Yanks for the matinee game this afternoon.

Glad I opted to not attend the game....no Judge or Holiday in the lineup. I get it, afternoon after a night game and Judge is slumping some and played most every game and Holiday is to (not recovered from that virus I think).

Last edited:

cyclonpediaJoe

Jun 27, 2012
Norwalk
And the new guys are here with the Yanks for the matinee game this afternoon.

Glad I opted to not attend the game....no Judge or Holiday in the lineup. I get it, afternoon after a night game and Judge is slumping some and played most every game and Holiday is to (not recovered from that virus I think).
I honestly thought Miguel Anduar was going to take over 3rd base duties. That guy seems to be next in line for some playing time.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I honestly thought Miguel Anduar was going to take over 3rd base duties. That guy seems to be next in line for some playing time.

Maybe next year or 2019 since Todd F. is a rental and Headly is gone after this year or the next (contact through next year). Or he's trade bait if Torres ends up at 3rd.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
So, interesting Yanks versus Reds game so far. Yankees have the bases loaded with no outs and Todd Frazier* hits into a triple play. Not sure I've seen one live before and if I have I bet I have watched more no-hitters.

BTW, Montgomery is no-hitting the Reds through five complete. Jinx!

* This guy sucks so far, glad he is just a rental and gone after the season. Woof!

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Can the Yankees just send Luis Cessa down to the minors or throw him in with a trade. JFC, if you had just left him in the minors this spring maybe another team could have been fooled into thinking he might learn to pitch.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Hmmm, with a bunch of guys collectively slumping at the plate and Castro out I was not expecting the Yankees to get back into 1st. I had sorta relegated my hopes back to my pre-season "let's get a wildcard." Red Sox floundering since the break helped, of course. And kid Frazier has been amazing so far. And the old man Sabathia has been pretty awesome. Throws too many pitches to get past 5 or 6 innings but those 5-6 have been really good.

Cardinal&Gold11

Nov 6, 2007
The land of Eastern Iowa University
Clearly biased, but the Red Sox - Indians game was awesome and might have been one of the best games of the year! Sox down 5-0, then tie it up 5-5. Go down 7-5. Then, take a 9-7 lead into the 8th inning, and a 9-8 lead into the 9th inning. Kimbrel with a blown save, and go to the bottom of the 9th down 10-9.

Two wild pitches in the 9th for Allen, a strikeout for Moreland but gets to first on one of the them, then the other advances runners to 2nd and 3rd, and then Vazquez with the walk-off homerun!! Absolutely nuts! And, Sale was on the mound to start the game. Wooh! back in first!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron