MLB: Misc. General Thread Baseball Season 2017

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I know I am doing this wrong but, deep dish pizza and wine for my All-Star Gamewatch.

One thing I did do right was not turning this on till the game actually started. did not miss all of the hype BS they throw at you pre-game. JFC, just watch and announce the damn game.

• Agree
Reactions: stormchaser2014

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
071117_asg_judge_altuve_med_eo23588v.gif

• Funny
Reactions: cmjh10

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Hearing we just took Tyler Webb from than Yankees.

Swapped second tier prospects. Yankees got a first baseman the Brewers had no use for and Brewers got a soft throwing lefty. I am assuming the 1st baseman Cooper gets sent to Yankees AAA as insurance if Choi bombs out. I put odds at 25% Choi bombs, 25% he continues to do well and 50% he gets hurt (cause 2017 injury curse).

I don't know anything about Cooper but Webb was taken by the Phillies in rule 5 draft and Yanks got him back cause Phillies didn't add him to their 40 man (if I understand it correctly).

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
JFC. **** this season and the injuries. Yanks Michael Pineda has just been diagnosed with a torn UCL and will probably need the Tommy John. Explains him going from awesome in the spring to inconsistent and mostly bad this summer. Was figuring 80% chance earlier that Yanks get a wildcard but with injury after injury after injury I am guessing maybe 25% chance.

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
JFC. **** this season and the injuries. Yanks Michael Pineda has just been diagnosed with a torn UCL and will probably need the Tommy John. Explains him going from awesome in the spring to inconsistent and mostly bad this summer. Was figuring 80% chance earlier that Yanks get a wildcard but with injury after injury after injury I am guessing maybe 25% chance.
Time to give Chance Adams a shot. Sucks that this Yankee team had a real shot at going deep but the baseball Gods have thrown every injury at them.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Time to give Chance Adams a shot. Sucks that this Yankee team had a real shot at going deep but the baseball Gods have thrown every injury at them.

This might force the Adams issue. With all of the injuries I am kinda hoping they just move forward as a rebuild year and not make a stupid trade for pitching in a gamble to make the playoffs. Maybe work off season on the starting rotation via trade or free agent.

Injury is going to cost Pineda millions as he is a free agent at the end of the year. Someone will take a shot at him at a bargain price but it wouldn't be the big dollars he might have seen.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Man that's yet another tough break. I don't really care for the Yankees but I think it's overall a good thing for baseball to have them be relevant at least in playoff contention