MLB: Misc. General Thread Baseball Season 2017

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Yes, our $62 million man managed to single-handedly cough up four 9th inning runs to give Colorado the win after having come back to take a two run lead going into the 9th. This team isn't even fun to watch because you literally know that for every good thing that happens on the field, two bad things are just moments away to ruin it all.

I've been watching a lot more Oakland ball the last month. They might still be in last place, but they just swept the 1st place Yanks in a four game series. The A's are infinitely more fun to watch this season, win OR lose.

Feeling for you this season. Hopefully your Giants can help us out when you play the Dodgers (been doing a good job of that already this year) and D-Backs.

Next 2 series are against Arz and LA so this is a huge week. I think these divisional match-ups will determine who takes this division.

• Agree
Reactions: Buster28

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
Feeling for you this season. Hopefully your Giants can help us out when you play the Dodgers (been doing a good job of that already this year) and D-Backs.

Next 2 series are against Arz and LA so this is a huge week. I think these divisional match-ups will determine who takes this division.

I hope so also - SF has played the Dodgers fairly well this year, in spite of the dismal overall record. If we can do our part to make it THIRTY years and counting since LA's last WS appearance, I will consider that a 'win.' ;)

Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Japanese pitcher throwdown in NY tonight. Darvish and Tanaka both throwing 2 hit shutouts through the 7th inning. Tell me these guys aren't pumped to pitch against each other for the first time in MLB.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Dodgers on their way to their 14 win in last 15 games. Pivotal week for Colorado not going well. Arizona took 2 of 3 in Coors. On our way to a loss in LA and Kershaw throws tomorrow.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Dodgers on their way to their 14 win in last 15 games. Pivotal week for Colorado not going well. Arizona took 2 of 3 in Coors. On our way to a loss in LA and Kershaw throws tomorrow.

Still 47-29!

Tough division with some smokin' winning percentages. The NL West and AL East each have three 40 win teams apiece. The rest of major league baseball has three total. :rolleyes: What's impressive is the teams in these two divisions is they are racking up the wins with an unbalanced schedule that has them play 40 games within their own division against the other two top teams. In the NL West that makes up for the 40 games against the two crap teams at the bottom.

EDIT: May have typed too soon. Was thinking more about the total schedule and not the actual schedule to date. Some of the big win teams like the Dodgers have low SOS rankings for their schedule played to date while the smoking Astros who are running away with their division actually have a highly ranked SOS.

Last edited:

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Rockies Dodgers game is insane. Neither Starter makes it through 4 innings. Dodger starter has massive control problems. Dodgers take lead in the seventh by scoring 3 three runs on Rockies wild pitches. Rockies allowed 2 more runs in 8th on wild pitches. Oh and Bellinger has hit 2 more bombs.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Giants are so bad this year lmfao!!! There goes that fake dynasty.

There are no longer any true baseball dynasties. There are teams with the financial resources to build and maintain rosters that make the playoffs more years than not and teams with great traditions but no true dynasties in my opinion. Not sure traditonal dynasties are even possible as those really date to a no playoff era where you were WS bound if you won your single division league.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Well, ****, another guy on the DL for the Yanks. Hicks this time. Running out of outfielders with Ellsbury already out with a concussion that has had lingering effects. Their top position and their top pitching prospects are already out for the year after surgeries. :( Going to need somebody that is not on the current 40 man roster so something is going to give.

Figured the Yanks run in 1st was not going to last (they are slumping like crazy in June) but the injuries, which have just been a constant all season, are just going to hasten the fall. One of the keys to a good season is avoiding injuries and that just isn't happening. Might still have enough hitting to be a wild card but they are not going to win the division.

Last edited:

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
****! ****! ****! Starlin Castro just blew a hamstring trying to beat out an infield hit. Looks like they already pulled infielder Tyler Wade out of their minor league game tonight to come up tomorrow. ****, just put the whole team on the DL. :mad:

/end rant.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I think this subscribing to the MLB Yankee feed has gotten me WAY more into the game this year then I have been in years. Of course having a rookie who struck out 50% of the time last September suddenly burst on the scene as an MVP candidate hasn't hurt any. I know I am into it because I am trying to figure out who goes OFF the 40 man roster today when they bring up Tyler Wade. :rolleyes: Okay, when the farm system was weak I won't have cared. Now they have a ton o' talent that could/will get exposed in the rule 5 draft at the end of the year. Assuming there are going to be some trades of some to at least get something back.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron