MLB: Misc. General Thread Baseball Season 2017

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Yankee/Red Sox game:

1. Stupid comment of the game; Castro beats out an infield hit and color announcer guy says "Castro still has decent speed." Castro is 27, not 37. I get Castro isn't the slender kid that was a rookie for the Cubbies but still, WTF? Who is the color guy for the Sox anyway?

2. Idiot fan reaches on to the the field and interferes on Carter's long drive to right. Fumbles the ball into Mookies glove. No "interference" called cause the catch was made. Out because of the idiot even if Mookie did not catch it. If the dude does not reach over and deflect the ball into Mookies glove it's a home run or double. mookie would have come close but don't think he would have caught it. And they cannot boot the guy because the umps did not call interference.

Oh, hell, looked it up and found Jerry Remy. I missed the stupid ass comments he made last night since the national broadcast on MLB was the Yankee YES team. Oh, Jerry! Always great when the team and the network have to distance themselves from your comments and you follow with a lame non-apology apology. Props to play-by-play man Dave O'Brien, who is good pbp guy, and his "Really?"

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...r-jerry-remy-apologizes-no-translator-remarks

• Winner
Reactions: NetflixAndClone

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
Yankee/Red Sox game:

1. Stupid comment of the game; Castro beats out an infield hit and color announcer guy says "Castro still has decent speed." Castro is 27, not 37. I get Castro isn't the slender kid that was a rookie for the Cubbies but still, WTF? Who is the color guy for the Sox anyway?

2. Idiot fan reaches on to the the field and interferes on Carter's long drive to right. Fumbles the ball into Mookies glove. No "interference" called cause the catch was made. Out because of the idiot even if Mookie did not catch it. If the dude does not reach over and deflect the ball into Mookies glove it's a home run or double. mookie would have come close but don't think he would have caught it. And they cannot boot the guy because the umps did not call interference.
Wouldn't carter have been called out if the ump said it was interference? It should've been 100% a homeruns though. Umps also said they couldn't review because Boston already entered the dugout....

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Wouldn't carter have been called out if the ump said it was interference? It should've been 100% a homeruns though. Umps also said they couldn't review because Boston already entered the dugout....

It didn't matter since Carter was out either way but the guy should have been booted since he did interfere. Come on guys, if it's in the stands you can have it. If it's in the field of play keep your ******* hands to yourself.

Props to the 5'-9" Betts for getting his glove up there though. Kids got some hops.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Two more homers tonight by the Yank's other Aaron. That would be Aaron Hicks and not Aaron Judge. :)

.318 10 HR 34 RBI :eek:

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Aaron #99 homers on a rocket down the left field line. 121 mph exit velocity which is the new fun stat the TV guys are all in love with. Supposedly the hardest hit ball of 2017.

Five runs in the 1st after Tillman got the first two outs. Bombers be bombin'.

Edit: make it six runs.:D

Edit II: Yanks up by two touchdowns and Severino pitching a one hitter.

Last edited:

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
12 pitches into the Yankee half of the 1st and they are up 5-0. Rolling right now.

Sanchez warming up and looking like the phenom from late last summer just hit a 450' for his 10th after being out for a month on the DL.

Edit: Judge with one out to 495-feet. Damn. :D

Last edited:

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
This MLB subscription thingy keeps me out of trouble at night. Bet I've watched 50 Yankee games. Like three years worth already of what i'd see regularly and it's only June 12th. If they had had this when I was a kid I would never have graduated from HS cause would have been too occupied watching Mickey Mantle to bother with school stuff.

Okay, that's BS, i never studied in HS. :rolleyes:

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
@BoxsterCy

Listen to Rich Eisen show and he was playing clips of John Sterling calling yankee home runs.

Aaron Judge #1 "Aaron your judge and jury all rise here comes the judge"

Judge #2 "Here comes the judge, this is judgement day"

Starlin Castro " Star Light Star Bright Starlin hit one with all his might"

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
@BoxsterCy

Listen to Rich Eisen show and he was playing clips of John Sterling calling yankee home runs.

Aaron Judge #1 "Aaron your judge and jury all rise here comes the judge"

Judge #2 "Here comes the judge, this is judgement day"

Starlin Castro " Star Light Star Bright Starlin hit one with all his might"

Since I watch on YES TV I get Michael Kay and "See ya!" for homers. :)

That Starlin call is kinda clever.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Is it just me or does Mike Scioscia always come off as kinda of a prick?

And why does it seem if your team is out west that all games threaten to go into extra innings? Cue up J.J Cale or Eric Clapton and After Midnight.

Edit: Maybe not extra innings. Judge homers again in the 8th, a two run shot to right. Woof! :D

Last edited:

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Rash of injuries looking to maybe derail the Yanks streak in first place. Chapman, Bird, Ellsbury out and now Sabathia going on DL and Hicks and Sanchez both out of the game last night with injuries. Figure that with Sanchez as hot as anyone this June would get hurt. Might have to stick Refsnyder in the outfield tonight, no likey that much if Hicks cannot go.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Rockies pick up win #44 tonight only Astros have more with 45, yet we only have a 1 game division lead. Say this much teams in the NL East and Central you better win your division because the both wildcards are coming from the NL West.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Yankee bullpen, which had been doing great, has taken a loss in four straight games. Woof!

And a third of the lineup out today. To finish first you have to play well AND get lucky enough to avoid key injuries. Not getting much luck on the injury bug stuff. At least Hicks and Sanchez look to be avoiding the DL. Need to get back home and get healthy again.

Last edited:

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Out doing father's day activities and come home to find out Rockies win by Arenado finishing off a cycle with a walk-off home run. 46 wins and yet only a 1 game division lead. Insane.

Buster28

Dec 3, 2011
Ames
Out doing father's day activities and come home to find out Rockies win by Arenado finishing off a cycle with a walk-off home run. 46 wins and yet only a 1 game division lead. Insane.

Yes, our $62 million man managed to single-handedly cough up four 9th inning runs to give Colorado the win after having come back to take a two run lead going into the 9th. This team isn't even fun to watch because you literally know that for every good thing that happens on the field, two bad things are just moments away to ruin it all.

I've been watching a lot more Oakland ball the last month. They might still be in last place, but they just swept the 1st place Yanks in a four game series. The A's are infinitely more fun to watch this season, win OR lose.