***Minnesota Twins 2021 Thread***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Buxton goes yard. How long until his next injury?
Aaaaaand Gordon replaces Buxton in Center. Lol it’s comical at this point. But a shame. Buxton is so talented…. But NEVER healthy.

• Agree
Reactions: mj4cy

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Welp I stayed up until the 12th and was rewarded! 5 in a row. Not sure this season will amount to much but its much more fun to be competitive.

Love Buxton but man I'd rather have a player 70% of what he can do 100% of the time vs. what he does 50% of the time.

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
Time for another losing streak with Buxton on the shelf. It's amazing how much better the Twins record is when Buxton plays vs when he is out. If he could just stay healthy, I think there's a decent chance he's be the best player in baseball. Unfortunately it is very unlikely he will ever be even a relatively healthy player.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Sooooo our old friend Romo depants himself on the field last night….

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Patrick Reusse can be a bit of a "get off my yard" columnist in his old age but think he's spot on with this one.

"The Twins spent the first three months of the season alienating fans in large numbers. They did this with uninspired play featuring bad pitching, failed hitting and erratic fielding. They also did this through a TV partner, Bally Sports North, that has made games unavailable to a large majority of streamers, which means a large majority of potential viewers 40 and under."

Than he gets to his point on the silly postponement on Saturday because of weather. Geez, it DID rain down south (drove through that Saturday afternoon) but didn't do jackshit in the Twin Cities. Plus it was all the sort of scattered thing you could wait out if it did rain hard, which it did not.

https://www.startribune.com/twins-cleveland-rainout-fans-patrick-reusse/600072777/

I've ranted a little about the Bally Sport deal but he adds the very salient point that this is cutting off the younger fans who have cut the cable even more than the old peeps. Like MLB and their blackout subscriptions they seem to think sticking a thumb in the ye of their young fans is smart business.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Winners of 7 of 9….

200.gif