***Minnesota Twins 2021 Thread***

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
Idk it it's iowa state football being good or my heart bring broken for 18+ straight playoff games, but my level of caring about the Twins is way lower than it usually is.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I'm ok, thanks. I was in the dome for 87 and 91. I've seen plenty of highs and lows.

I took those as rewards for me going out to the Met in late'70s and early 80' to see players like Bombo Riveria and Wille Norwood. Back when you picked games to go to based on seeing the opponents stars.

Boxster: "Hey, wanta go watch the Twins this weekend? Jim Palmer is pitching for the Orioles."
Buddy: "Third base box seats?"
Boxster: "Yup, that would be good."
Buddy: "Let's do it."
Boxster: "Meet for beers in parking lot?"
Buddy: "Yups"

Neptune78

Aug 12, 2020
East of Neptune, IA.
I'm ok, thanks. I was in the dome for 87 and 91. I've seen plenty of highs and lows.

I was there too. '87 was for the die hard Twin fans, '91 there were too many 'fashionable' MSP elites.
People on the flight home in '87 actually thought I was Steve Lombardozzie. After repeatedly saying I wasn't, I gave in and started signing autographs. Crazy.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I was there too. '87 was for the die hard Twin fans, '91 there were too many 'fashionable' MSP elites.
People on the flight home in '87 actually thought I was Steve Lombardozzie. After repeatedly saying I wasn't, I gave in and started singing autographs. Crazy.

If single, you may have had a good opportunity there.

Neptune78

Aug 12, 2020
East of Neptune, IA.
If single, you may have had a good opportunity there.

It's funny how it goes sometimes. After Chuck Knoblauch's rookie season I was down at spring training and told my buddy I would get his autograph. Chuck was known to be a bit of a jerk and my buddy said you'll never get it. Well, as the players were walking off the practice field, two young, t-top wearing blondes yelled their love for Chuck. I had strategically stood right next to them. He gave only three autographs that day and I lifted the baseball high for my buddy see.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
It's funny how it goes sometimes. After Chuck Knoblauch's rookie season I was down at spring training and told my buddy I would get his autograph. Chuck was known to be a bit of a jerk and my buddy said you'll never get it. Well, as the players were walking off the practice field, two young, t-top wearing blondes yelled their love for Chuck. I had strategically stood right next to them. He gave only three autographs that day and I lifted the baseball high for my buddy see.

Good thing you caught him before the '99-'00 years with the Yankees. Otherwise, he might have thrown that autographed ball over your head into the bleachers.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Chuck was an ass. He was one of my hero’s till I got a chance to get a photo with him as a kid at a pregame thing in the dome ~’94. He could not of made it more apparent that he did not want to be there. Just a d*ck.

• Agree
Reactions: Neptune78

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
So who gets cut to make room on the 40? When Cruz and Colome sign we will have 41.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
Someone posted earlier about Arraez winning a batting title.....now that he's the utility guy, he may not get enough AB to qualify.

discydisc

Flag Designer Extraordinaire
Jan 14, 2014
Ames
Someone posted earlier about Arraez winning a batting title.....now that he's the utility guy, he may not get enough AB to qualify.
Not even the best hitter in the division anyways.

Last edited:

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
A year on analytics hurt him last year in a big way. Excited to see how he combats that this year.
This drove me nuts about this team last year. Got to the playoffs and it was like a caricature of the analytics approach. Just guys standing there until 0-2 or 1-2, then it’s a backward K or chasing crap. Meanwhile the Astros were aggressive early and were putting balls in play. You need to pay attention to analytics, but you have to also leverage your strengths. Arraez is far better when he has an old school approach.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
This drove me nuts about this team last year. Got to the playoffs and it was like a caricature of the analytics approach. Just guys standing there until 0-2 or 1-2, then it’s a backward K or chasing crap. Meanwhile the Astros were aggressive early and were putting balls in play. You need to pay attention to analytics, but you have to also leverage your strengths. Arraez is far better when he has an old school approach.
That should be bannable in this thread. That “playoff series” never existed in my mind. Cancelled due to Covid.

Reactions: cyfan21