***Minnesota Twins 2021 Thread***

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Twins might have to settle for a Low-A ball lottery ticket for Cruz the way he’s been hitting lately.
It’s weird how he’s doing. I wonder if there’s an underlying health issue. Or maybe finally his age.

Iastfan112

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
It’s weird how he’s doing. I wonder if there’s an underlying health issue. Or maybe finally his age.

I can't remember where the article was but the jist was hitters in their 40's tend to fall off hard and fast. There's a reason no one was willing to give him a 2 year contract he was looking for.

• Agree
Reactions: JM4CY

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Not a fan of this trade. JBJ is still owed $12M next season. Kelly had thoracic outlet surgery seven months ago. I saw Jayson Stark mentioned today that a team like the A’s could use Nelson Cruz. Will be interesting to see what Falvey/Levine do at the deadline.
After reading this, I totally agree that’s a bad trade. I don’t see falvey going for that.

Reactions: Tpups21

Neptune78

Aug 12, 2020
East of Neptune, IA.
In the next several weeks we're going to see just how good Falvey is. He has obvious trade cards like Cruz, to a quality pitcher(Berrios) who he may not be able to sign. Simmons, Maeda, Pineda, Rogers all have value as does Donaldson if someone can swap salaries.

The only players that should be off the table are Buxton, Arraez, Larnach, and Kirilloff (and it pains me not to have my favorite player, Max Kepler, on this list.)

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
In the next several weeks we're going to see just how good Falvey is. He has obvious trade cards like Cruz, to a quality pitcher(Berrios) who he may not be able to sign. Simmons, Maeda, Pineda, Rogers all have value as does Donaldson if someone can swap salaries.

The only players that should be off the table are Buxton, Arraez, Larnach, and Kirilloff (and it pains me not to have my favorite player, Max Kepler, on this list.)
I feel like max and polanco are safe. I too love max but consistently being available and effective at the plate is an issue for him.

Neptune78

Aug 12, 2020
East of Neptune, IA.
I feel like max and polanco are safe. I too love max but consistently being available and effective at the plate is an issue for him.

Agree, those guys' contracts aren't up this year so the Twins will probably hang onto them. Cruz and Pineda will be FAs, so they are the most likely first to go.
Unless of course the Twins win about ten in a row.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
The ex-Fox Sports, now Bally Sports aka Sinclair, and the MLB subscription blackouts are making TV watching for Twin fans not on dish or cable pretty problematic. Great timing (not!), have a bad season with restricted ticket sales AND make it as hard as possible to watch. Bally doesn't even have an app to subscribe to independently and now they want to do one next year and floating $23/month for a single channel! WTF? MLB management, with their stupid blackouts and regional TV deals, is beyond stupid.

Linky:
Would you pay $23 a month just for access to Bally Sports North?

Yanks also suck rosin bags this season so have not been watching as much as usual. Did tune into the Twins vs Cole game because I couldn't resist the mini-hype of the two hapless teams matchup. My VPN worked to get around the MLB subscription blackout so maybe that's the way to get around all of this nonsense. App on Firestick still blocked me but logging in via Chrome, not app, on laptop worked.

/end mini rant

Last edited:

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
The ex-Fox Sports, now Bally Sports aka Sinclair, and the MLB subscription blackouts are making TV watching for Twin fans not on dish or cable pretty problematic. Great timing (not!), have a bad season with restricted ticket sales AND make it as hard as possible to watch. Bally doesn't even have an app to subscribe to independently and now they want to do one next year and floating $23/month for a single channel! WTF? MLB management, with their stupid blackouts and regional TV deals, is beyond stupid.

Linky:
Would you pay $23 a month just for access to Bally Sports North?

Yanks also suck rosin bags this season so have not been watching as much as usual. Did tune into the Twins vs Cole game because I couldn't resist the mini-hype of the two hapless teams matchup. My VPN worked to get around the MLB subscription blackout so maybe that's the way to get around all of this nonsense. App on Firestick still blocked me but logging in via Chrome, not app, on laptop worked.

/end mini rant
I appreciate the comments and agree. However, the twins and yanks are not even close to the same level of haplessness. Minnesota completely sucks dognuts.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
And activate Buxton already. If he's healthy enough to run around the outfield for the Saints he can finish off his rehab at Target Field. Throw the fans a bone why don't ya?

/end mini rant #2

• Agree
Reactions: Neptune78

Neptune78

Aug 12, 2020
East of Neptune, IA.
I appreciate the comments and agree. However, the twins and yanks are not even close to the same level of haplessness. Minnesota completely sucks dognuts.

Agree. It's amazing that a major league club has to put guys in CF who have never played the position in the minors.
But I guess the Twins would have never predicted 12 guys on the IL either.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota

Both squads suck. Both are broken mentally and physically and playing like ****. Neither is going to even sniff a wildcard at this rate. On paper they shouldn't be crap on toast but they are. Bunch of injuries adding to the woe so the players and management can offer that excuse. Just waiting for someone to no-hit the Yanks and they've only been no-hit once since 1958. It'll happen.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I was so absolutely wrong on the Twins this year. Waiting til Vikes/Cyclones this fall now.

Neptune78

Aug 12, 2020
East of Neptune, IA.
I was so absolutely wrong on the Twins this year. Waiting til Vikes/Cyclones this fall now.

Before football, I'm waiting to see how the Twins trade season goes. Really curious to see if Falvey goes bold, and trades Berrios. He'll probably be their only All-Star and is getting more expensive by the day.

FDWxMan

Jan 31, 2009
Des Moines
Berrios must be traded.

If you can get anything for Donaldson you have to do it, and they should probably get rid of him anyway if they can't.

Dobnak and Astudillo are carnival sideshow acts. If they still have legit planned "roles" next year, we'll know they aren't serious about contending in the near-term.

They also need to get serious about acquiring a legit center fielder. Buxton unfortunately is a part-time player. I don't know if you trade him or not, but they need a legit MLB starter other than him to make things come close to working apparently.

Last edited:
Reactions: mj4cy and Tpups21

Tpups21

Apr 11, 2006
West Des Moines, IA
Time to cut bait on Shoemaker and Colome. Makes no sense to keep running them out there. I'd rather see minor leaguers get shelled. At least they have a future.

Neptune78

Aug 12, 2020
East of Neptune, IA.
Time to cut bait on Shoemaker and Colome. Makes no sense to keep running them out there. I'd rather see minor leaguers get shelled. At least they have a future.

Agree. Colume should have been gone after week two.
Maybe we can load up up on minor league talent when trading Cruz, Donaldson, Pineda, Simmons, and unfortunately Berrios.

Reactions: Tpups21