***Minnesota Twins 2021 Thread***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
white-flag-gif-17.gif

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
No surprise that the twins are 0-7 in extra innings. With the new rules teams that are terrible at situational offensive baseball are going to be at a huge disadvantage. Or at least teams that have a prayer at hitting the occasional single are going to be better off.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
No surprise that the twins are 0-7 in extra innings. With the new rules teams that are terrible at situational offensive baseball are going to be at a huge disadvantage. Or at least teams that have a prayer at hitting the occasional single are going to be better off.
A bullpen that can get outs would help.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
This tweet made me think.

The problem with baseball is you try to "build a team around" guys that are going to get three to four plate appearances per night and maybe 6-8 outs on defense.

For all intents and purposes, baseball is an individual sport. Not a team sport. It's a series of individual decisions and actions, that when put in aggregate, define the results of the team.

It's probably better to get 8 or 9 slightly above average hitters than one or two All Stars.

Neptune78

Aug 12, 2020
East of Neptune, IA.
Only a month into the season talking heads are already evaluating the Twins' most likely midseason trades. Maeda, Pineda, Cruz.

At first I thought these articles were a little premature, but when three run leads continue to mean nothing, these guys might be right. Sadly.

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
Only a month into the season talking heads are already evaluating the Twins' most likely midseason trades. Maeda, Pineda, Cruz.

At first I thought these articles were a little premature, but when three run leads continue to mean nothing, these guys might be right. Sadly.
Need to move on from Sano. Give money to Buxton and Berrios. Let Kepler walk. Trade Simmons. Trade Donaldson. platoon it for a season.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
This is the most discouraged as a Twins fan I have been since Molitor's last season as manager. Utterly terrible, and no real indication that things will improve. Sucks when baseball season feels like it's "over" before we even get to summer. Really seems like the roster should be competing for the division on paper, but the bullpen is atrocious and like someone else alluded to in here, the team can't figure out how to do simple things like situational hit or simply try to advance runners. It's always been about trying to blow the cover off the ball with this team. It seems like every plate appearance regardless of the player, save for maybe Arraez and Astudillo, you can expect either a strikeout or solo HR. Boring baseball. Complete 180 from what they were a decade and a half ago when they were the hit-for-contact and play tough defense piranhas!

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
This is the most discouraged as a Twins fan I have been since Molitor's last season as manager. Utterly terrible, and no real indication that things will improve. Sucks when baseball season feels like it's "over" before we even get to summer. Really seems like the roster should be competing for the division on paper, but the bullpen is atrocious and like someone else alluded to in here, the team can't figure out how to do simple things like situational hit or simply try to advance runners. It's always been about trying to blow the cover off the ball with this team. It seems like every plate appearance regardless of the player, save for maybe Arraez and Astudillo, you can expect either a strikeout or solo HR. Boring baseball. Complete 180 from what they were a decade and a half ago when they were the hit-for-contact and play tough defense piranhas!
Agreed. It’s so sad I can’t get excited about this.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyinthenorth

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Agreed. It’s so sad I can’t get excited about this.

Well that is exciting. I guess the hope for me now is that they can get some things figured out and maybe make attending a game worthwhile sometime in July or later. Bullpen issues don't seem to ever self-correct themselves though. They just need almost an entirely different set of arms in there.

Tpups21

Apr 11, 2006
West Des Moines, IA
Great comeback win today by the Twins. Felt like the leash was getting pretty short for Sano. Maybe that clutch homer can be the start of a dramatic turnaround for both him and the team.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
They are at least still getting creative in how they lose games. Catchers interference? My goodness....

Reactions: Tpups21

Help Support Us

Become a patron