Minnesota beats ISU (secret scrimmage)

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
We are tired of losing.

Two seasons ago was beyond horrible. It was beyond painful. Last year showed promise, but we lost far too many games at home, then closed out the season by being Ohio State's ***** AGAIN.

What does that have to do with a scrimmage that doesn't even go on record?

And if you thought two seasons ago was horrible, I hope you didn't have to live through the Johnny Orr years, or the Tim Floyd years, or the Larry Eustachy years, or the Wayne Morgan years, or the Greg McDermott years, or Fred's first year.

Kurttr

Mar 19, 2006
This just in from Jeff Foxworthy (or was it Jeff Prohm?): If you're imitating Chicken Little based on a scrimmage that neither you nor any other fans saw, you might have fully exposed yourself as a "haters gonna hate" troll - although, we already knew that anyway. Feel free to take your bundles of joy to your actual team's site.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
We are tired of losing.

Two seasons ago was beyond horrible. It was beyond painful. Last year showed promise, but we lost far too many games at home, then closed out the season by being Ohio State's ***** AGAIN.

there is like the stupidest ******* comment in the history of the world.

then there is this. You should feel bad for being this dumb.

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
We are tired of losing.

I don't know if you realize this but Iowa State has not won the Natty 10 years in a row. We have actually lost every year.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Like many here, I am quite alarmed at the result of the scrimmage with the Fighting Gophers. This puts a lot a pressure on the scrimmage with Bucky. I hope CSP can finalize his tuning and rotation before that game or we are going to lose all the momentum we had in the off season. Starting out 0-0 is going to be a tough hole to dig out of.

While we are analyzing performances - what happened to Rulzzz? or did I just miss the basketball game day post? Can we get this straightened out for before the Wisconsin scrimmage?

And what out the prediction thread?

I know we didn't have anyone perform well enough to get Big XII weekly honors, who got them?

Finally - I will start the Wisconsin prediction thread.

I have to go with Bucky - 44, ISU 32. Both teams shoot under 20% which surprises ISU but aligns with Wisconsin usual offensive production. Haliburton is tagged with 7 TOs because of his step back jumper. CSP tries SoLo at 1. Ultimately, ISU is unable to overcome Madison being 58 miles farther from Ames than Minneapolis.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
We are tired of losing.

Believe it or not, I actually enjoyed that year. I had low expectations going in and, well, they met them, but I have some good memories of that season nonetheless. We forget, but they won their preseason tournament and beat a few ranked/tournament teams (the big wins against Boise State, Texas Tech, WVU, and Oklahoma come to mind immediately) along the way. Sure, the overall result was underwhelming, but there were moments there.

The game that stung the most for me was Texas in Kansas City, actually. Not that they were really playing for much, but I wanted to see them win one more for DJax and his family.

Plus...

PG -- NWB v. Haliburton... Haliburton is a large improvement
SGs -- D. Jackson/Wigginton v. Bolton/Nixon... probably something of a push
Bigs -- Young/Lard v. Young/Jacobson... definite improvement, if only because Solomon is healthy, two years older, and Jacobson is much more reliable
Bench -- Beverly/a bunch of junk v. T. Jackson, Griffin, and Conditt... neither bench had much proven, but this year has much more talent, so improvement there

The team might not equal last year's win total, but I doubt it sinks like 2018 did.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
People who care about this realize Nixon barely played right? 4 bench guys played more minutes that he did.
No one cares about losing, but this isn’t the first notion of this team having poor shooting and rebounding. The outcome, short of a blowout either way, is irrelevant.

Nevertheless, How good is Nixon? He’s likely one of our starters, but I’d be surprised if he’s a difference maker, particularly in what ailed them (poor shooting and rebounding).

• Creative
Reactions: isufbcurt

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
I know you are being facetious.

We were 10-4 in 2015 with the following four ahead of us...

Home against Baylor (screwed up a 90% win probability)

View attachment 67698

On the road against Kansas State (screwed up a 96% win probability)

View attachment 67699

Then we won at home against Oklahoma and on the road against TCU.

We win the Baylor and Kansas State games, and we finish 14-4 in the Big 12.

And we win it outright...

View attachment 67700

Heck, just one of them, and at least you get a share of the regular season one. Now that was a collapse -- two all-timers -- when we controlled our own destiny with four left.

For the things people complain about regarding Prohm, they should absolutely kill Fred.

I think you are making this up cuz inbound plays.

And that Texas Tech team that beat ISU - woof. That team was absolute garbage.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I think you are making this up cuz inbound plays.

And that Texas Tech team that beat ISU - woof. That team was absolute garbage.

Fred's inbound plays and timeout usage were perfect.

That is why he never lost a game.