Minnesota beats ISU (secret scrimmage)

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
that was the last coach who actually ran plays

You are LOL poster. The coach, formerly known as Da Mayor, had people here ripping him on his lack of in-bounds plays and how he needed some senior coaching assistance to learn the ropes his first couple years.

And he dumped us, we didn't dump him.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
You are LOL poster. The coach, formerly known as Da Mayor, had people here ripping him on his lack of in-bounds plays and how he needed some senior coaching assistance to learn the ropes his first couple years.

And he dumped us, we didn't dump him.

Some ISU fans when it comes to Hoiberg leaving.

• Funny
Reactions: CloneGuy8

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
*Nobody at ISU. It happens at other schools more frequently than people think. Iowa just redshirted two guys last year. Baylor has had some success with it. If you think a guy is going to contribute for you in his career, I don’t see why a redshirt doesn’t make sense if somebody isn’t quite ready. I don’t even know why I’m making an argument though for it because I know how people view the redshirt debate.
Using Iowa as an example of doing something that makes sense in Basketball makes me chuckle.

iowastatefan1929

Oct 26, 2006
im not even a fan of the one formally known as the mayor, now known as the traitorous former mayor, i was simply pointing out that he ran plays, out of timeouts especially, they have youtube videos of all his crazy offensive plays he had. its simply a fact that prohm runs more of a rhythm type offense that hasnt been that effective at all really ever considering the players we had. i think you need phenom smart tough pg to run his system and wigg was supposed to be the guy but then he wasnt and now he gone and now we gotta bunch of bigs.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I honestly just forgot about how people viewed the topic before I made the original comment that Leech should redshirt. I think players view redshirting as a slap in the face that people don’t think they’re good enough to play right away. I need to be careful about how vocal I am about wanting Leech to redshirt because he follows me on Twitter and I don’t want to seem like I’m disrespecting his ability. I am personally a fan of redshirting for high upside freshman that probably won’t play in their first season but I know that everyone doesn’t have the same opinion on that and I respect that so I’ll do my best in the future to not bring it up as a conversation.
I think without his injury it wouldn't even be a topic of discussion. But I don't think at this point there's any doubt it would benefit him.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
im not even a fan of the one formally known as the mayor, now known as the traitorous former mayor, i was simply pointing out that he ran plays, out of timeouts especially, they have youtube videos of all his crazy offensive plays he had. its simply a fact that prohm runs more of a rhythm type offense that hasnt been that effective at all really ever considering the players we had. i think you need phenom smart tough pg to run his system and wigg was supposed to be the guy but then he wasnt and now he gone and now we gotta bunch of bigs.

this is even dumber.

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
I am not necessary against it. Just saying it's pretty unusual these days. I'd personally wait to actually see him play in some actual exhibition games before taking a position. We have a whole slew of players noboby on CF has seen play in a real game and summer league ain't real games.

We did had two players redshirt in WBB after looking like they might be able to play some (after playing in exhibition). Odd for WBB but both would have been behind a unusually deep roster. We usually don't even fill all of the scholarships in WBB, let alone have a dozen players possibly capable of playing Big 12 ball so it was a totes outlier.

Apologize for being ignorant, but am curious. For many people degrees take longer than 4 years. If you do not redshirt and complete your eligibility in 4 years, do you still get the free ride until you graduate? If not, then as far as 'education' goes, I'd think it would be smarter to redshirt, gain an extra year of education, space out the educational requirements, and be able to focus more closely on basketball after the redshirt year.

Help Support Us

Become a patron