Minimum 3rd place?

CloneSt8

Aug 1, 2011
Kansas State just beat West Virginia giving WV six conference losses with one of their two games remaining against Baylor. So I assume they will end up with seven conference losses.

Even if we have trouble with Texas, as long as we can handle Kansas that would be six losses and third place! Beat Texas and I believe we would have second place!

geewago

Jan 1, 2013
Waco,tx
Yep, that's what I was driving at in the thread entitled "The Stage is Set". The balls now in the Clones hands. You can't play the type of game at TX that was played last night in Lubbock. But if they show up and play a full game believe me TX is sooooo beatable. They have a very hard time playing consistent.

• Friendly
Reactions: SLCyclone and ISU40

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Very interesting 2 days coming up to finish the season. Assuming Baylor and ISU wins, you could see a 4 way tie for 3rd between Texa$ (loses at TCU), TCU (wins against Texa$), KSU (wins at OSU), and WV (loses to Baylor).

For those interested, here is the tiebreaker procedures (per the Big 12 website)...if I'm following it right (doubtful), then the breakout is Texa$ #3, WV #4, TCU #5, and KSU #6.

Ties involving more than two teams.

a. Results from the collective head-to-head competition during the regular season among the tied teams in a mini round-robin format, ranking the tied teams by winning percentage from highest to lowest will be used to determine the seeds.

1. If during this process two teams remain tied with the same winning percentage, the two-team tiebreaking system is used, starting with head-to-head results.

2. If during this process more than two teams remain tied with the same winning percentage, a second mini round-robin format is implemented, ranking the remaining tied teams by winning percentage from highest to lowest to determine seeds. If the teams remain tied, then the two-team tiebreaking system is used, starting with head-to-head results.

b. If more than two teams are still tied, each of the tied team’s record versus the team occupying the highest position in the final regular season standings, and then continuing down through the standings, eliminating tied teams with inferior records until one team gains an advantage. When arriving at another group of tied teams while comparing records, use each team’s record against the collective tied teams as a group (prior to that group’s own tiebreaking procedure), rather than the performance against individual tied teams. The lone exception to this guideline would be if there are only two tied teams in the group placement and one of the teams won both regular-season games. In this instance, the tie is deemed broken and comparison of the seed rather than the placement will be utilized.

c. If more than two teams are still tied, a comparison of the tied teams Conference games only road record.

d. If more than two teams are still tied, a comparison of the tied teams Conference games only road records versus the team(s) occupying the highest position in the final Conference regular season standings, and then continuing down through the standing until one team gains an advantage. If at any point the multiple-teams tie is reduced to two teams, the two-team tie breaking procedures above will be applied.

geewago

Jan 1, 2013
Waco,tx
The problem with both TX & TCU is they have a consistency problem. They both managed especially in pre-conference to pick up several wins just by sheer talent and luck. At this moment TCU seem to be picking up a little steam. TX on the other hand appears to have trouble in paradise. Their recent games against KSU , Baylor and Iowa State have been god awful with the exception of a desperate last ditch 4th qtr effort against ISU. I found it rather puzzling at the ISU - TX game when they paid tribute to their seniors that they announced that these seniors have been part of the most successful 4 years in Longhorn history. ??????

Help Support Us

Become a patron