Miller's prediction & comments. OUCH!!!!!

Section136

Jul 5, 2010
How about head to head? Or bowl wins in the last 10 years? Or attendance? Bowl games since 2000 have Minnesota at 10 and ISU at 8. I'd say that is much more comparable than ISU/Indiana.

Head to head? You want to use a single head to head matchup to decide if you are on equal footing?

Why is it now bowl wins in the last 10 years? In your earlier post you were using a 15-20 year time period? It might have something to do with the Gophers winning 3 bowl games in those years you conveniently decided to remove form your criteria.

10>8.

But I guess I did ask you to find anything you were at least comparable to Minny with. You may have had to move the time period 10 years but you found it.

And I didn't bother to look up the attendance stats because Iowa fans sold out the Metrodome every 2 years before TCF was built.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
It's funny you think ISU would make a bowl most years if they played in the B1G. ISU football is like Indiana football, except ISU doesn't have a competent offense.

The rest of your post was pretty "meh".

You do realize over the last 20 years Iowa is winning the ISU-Iowa series 11-9. With the best team winning the game in all but maybe one of those games.

Section136

Jul 5, 2010
You do realize over the last 20 years Iowa is winning the ISU-Iowa series 11-9. With the best team winning the game in all but maybe one of those games.

That's nice, tell me about the other accomplishments of each program in the last 20 years. BCS appearances? BCS bowl wins? Overall winning percentage? Conference titles? What is Iowa's all time record against ISU?

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
That's nice, tell me about the other accomplishments of each program in the last 20 years. BCS appearances? BCS bowl wins? Overall winning percentage? Conference titles? What is Iowa's all time record against ISU?

When was the last time Iowa won an outright conference title? Yes Iowa has a better program but the two are a lot closer than Iowa fans want to admit.

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion
Head to head? You want to use a single head to head matchup to decide if you are on equal footing?

You previously stated, "Minnesota is better in every aspect possible." This easily disproves your statement.

Of course with your history in the thread, after getting proved incorrect by your statements, again, you'll just move the goalposts again.

Section136

Jul 5, 2010
When was the last time Iowa won an outright conference title? Yes Iowa has a better program but the two are a lot closer than Iowa fans want to admit.

Why are ISU fans so hung up on the last outright conference title Iowa won?

You get the same trophy for shared titles and its in the record books the same. And Iowa went 8-0 in 2002 so there isn't anything more they could have done to win the outright title, it just so happened they didn't play OSU that year.

And if my team hadn't won a conference title in football in over 100 years, I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss any type of conference title, shared or outright.

But you guys will always have the memories from that shared Big 12 North Division title. Did you buy a t shirt to commemorate that?

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky

You get the same trophy for shared titles and its in the record books the same. And Iowa went 8-0 in 2002 so there isn't anything more they could have done to win the outright title, it just so happened they didn't play OSU that year.

And if my team hadn't won a conference title in football in over 100 years, I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss any type of conference title, shared or outright.

But you guys will always have the memories from that shared Big 12 North Division title. Did you buy a t shirt to commemorate that?

Rising.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola

You're right. Go Hawks!

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa

Because Iowa fans always bring it up. It is the cheapest Conference titles there is. They didn't play the best team in the Conference that year.

I don't know any ISU fans that make a big deal about the co North title. Hell I am not even sure the ISU athletic dept recognizes it any more.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

All time record is even more idiotic than one game. You're saying iowa football sucks compared to Army, Harvard and Minnesota going that route.

Im just thrilled we'll have zero iowa basketball fans running their mouth this winter should iowa beat ISU at home and ISU goes on to have a better season as usual. Will you help us police your idiots if/when that happens?

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Because Iowa fans always bring it up. It is the cheapest Conference titles there is. They didn't play the best team in the Conference that year.

I don't know any ISU fans that make a big deal about the co North title. Hell I am not even sure the ISU athletic dept recognizes it any more.

To be honest, I think most are actually ashamed of it because it SHOULD have been flat out division champs for two years. It's not something I know of any Cyclone fans to be proud of.

AllBig12Drinker

Dec 7, 2009
West Des Moines

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the B1G champion played in the Rose Bowl or in the MNC.

When was the last time Iowa played in the Rose Bowl?

When was the last time they played in the MNC game (Jon Miller's prediction doesn't count)?

Section136

Jul 5, 2010
Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the B1G champion played in the Rose Bowl or in the MNC.

When was the last time they played in the MNC game (Jon Miller's prediction doesn't count)?

They would have been in the Rose Bowl after the 2002 season but the Orange got to select an at large team before the Rose and took the Hawks.

I wouldn't expect ISU fans to know much about the BCS selection process.

Section136

Jul 5, 2010

Couldn't you make this claim about OSU in 2002 as well? Both Iowa and OSU got to avoid teams that went 8-0 in conference play.

And actually the cheapest conference title is winning the conference basketball tourney and claiming that you are the conference champs.

Last edited:

Section136

Jul 5, 2010

And feel free to correct me but the last I checked the record books list Iowa as Big 10 champ most recently in 2004.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron