Midlands

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CYVADER

Nov 16, 2006
Cornfields
Re: Midlands?

any links to an auto refresh site with full match listings? at work and can't listen to radio. something like what d4nim4l posted but with the entire tourney listed?

CRAZYGREG

Feb 29, 2008
Des Moines

141 pounds – No. 7 Ryan Prater (Illinois) dec. Max Mayfield (ISU), 10-3

Championship Round of 32
125 pounds – Jeremiah Austin (Michigan State) dec. Dallas Collier (ISU), 7-2
125 pounds – Trevor Dearden (ISU) pinned Joe Waltko (Clarion)
125 pounds – No. 4 Andrew Long (ISU) vs. Demetrius Johnson (Tennessee-Chattanooga)
133 pounds – No. 1 Nick Fanthorpe (ISU) major dec. Justin Paulsen (Stanford), 14-3

From cyclones.com

Is Dearden a point scorer for us? I noticed that we have 2 in the 125 bracket.

Cyclone62

Feb 1, 2007
Oldpeopleville

141 pounds – No. 7 Ryan Prater (Illinois) dec. Max Mayfield (ISU), 10-3

Championship Round of 32
125 pounds – Jeremiah Austin (Michigan State) dec. Dallas Collier (ISU), 7-2
125 pounds – Trevor Dearden (ISU) pinned Joe Waltko (Clarion)
125 pounds – No. 4 Andrew Long (ISU) vs. Demetrius Johnson (Tennessee-Chattanooga)
133 pounds – No. 1 Nick Fanthorpe (ISU) major dec. Justin Paulsen (Stanford), 14-3

From cyclones.com

Is Dearden a point scorer for us? I noticed that we have 2 in the 125 bracket.
According to the bracket, all 3 of those guys are scoring points for us. Didn't think Collier was going to.

Cyclone62

Feb 1, 2007
Oldpeopleville

According to the bracket, all 3 of those guys are scoring points for us. Didn't think Collier was going to.
Well, the bracket isn't right. It has us with more than 10 wrestlers attached, and only has a couple (Weatherman is one) as unattached. I have no idea who we have scoring points for us right now.

CYVADER

Nov 16, 2006
Cornfields

Is the cookie duster(dennis) not wrestling for Iowa at 133? and why would they not have slaton scoring for them at 141? it says he is unattached as the #4 seed.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006

Well, the bracket isn't right. It has us with more than 10 wrestlers attached, and only has a couple (Weatherman is one) as unattached. I have no idea who we have scoring points for us right now.

The bracket IS right. Only the coaches, head table crew, and bracket programmers know who the official 10 scorers are. Last year they screwed up the brackets, and fans could easily figure out the scorers. This year, they fixed it so it's a secret again.

Cyclone62

Feb 1, 2007
Oldpeopleville

The bracket IS right. Only the coaches, head table crew, and bracket programmers know who the official 10 scorers are. Last year they screwed up the brackets, and fans could easily figure out the scorers. This year, they fixed it so it's a secret again.
That is a stupid *** way of doing things. They had it right when you can figure out who is scoring and who isn't without having to be there.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006

That is a stupid *** way of doing things. They had it right when you can figure out who is scoring and who isn't without having to be there.

I won't disagree. But that's the way they've been doing it for years and years. Midlands has its own rules when it comes to seeding and scoring.