Microsoft "Kids of the '90s" ad

geburgess

Jan 19, 2010
WDM, IA
That commercial was great, I was sold on whatever Microsoft wanted me to buy.... and then it was IE. **** you Microsoft, can't con me into that ****.

Reactions: SenorCy
D

DistrictCyclone

Hippies suck. My favorite was the hippie tiedye hacky sack turds in highschool in the late 90s. Most of them went REAL far I tell ya.

I grew up in a cold climate, so most of them wore dirty ponchos...never got to see the tiedye.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Did you have Snake Mountain? With the microphone shaped like a big, snake-faced wang, that made your voice sound like you swallowed a pile of broken glass?

I wanted it, wished for it, dropped hints to my parents, bribed santa, etc. All of the above never delivered. Hell I considered grabbing it on ebay recently just to show all of them how easy it was to deliver.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Hippies suck. My favorite was the hippie tiedye hacky sack turds in highschool in the late 90s. Most of them went REAL far I tell ya.

Grunge was also a tough time. Just because you wore flannel didn't mean you had to go without washing it for 3 months.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Grunge was also a tough time. Just because you wore flannel didn't mean you had to go without washing it for 3 months.

Loved the grunge era. Still really love to watch the movie Singles and reminisce.

D

DistrictCyclone

Yeah! Or go on dates with my sister, either! Dirty grungers.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Loved the grunge era. Still really love to watch the movie Singles and reminisce.

We were just discussing grunge clothing at home last night. I wore flannel, but it was preppy flannel. I don't think it counted.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
We were just discussing grunge clothing at home last night. I wore flannel, but it was preppy flannel. I don't think it counted.

So basically you were a female Al Borland.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL

HA! My room mate was all flustered one night about what flannel to wear, which one would look best with these torn jeans. I told him, wear the blue one. He said "Thanks" and proceeded to tie it around his waist. Never did wear it as a shirt the whole night.

Hated grunge, actually killed a huge part of my wardrobe at that time. I wore flannel in the winter from the time I was a little kid. Haven't touched the stuff since '93.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Pogs were something we'd read about in those current event readers that were supposed to be a super huge deal, but no one ever actually had them in my class.

My hometown was far enough behind the trends, that if something was a total flash-in-the-pan, we'd miss it altogether.

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012

Same here. I had a flannel with ruffles along the buttons, and another shirt made of different colors/patterns of flannel. (left arm one color, right arm the other)