Ames

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
$250-280/square foot is pricey without a lot.

I live in a less than 10 year old house is suburbia DM and it was less than $100/square foot with a lot (and a garage).

ISUME

Mar 13, 2012
Zero chance of me getting up those stairs after a football game.

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
I spent a winter in Steamboat Springs living in something very similar to this a little over 10 years ago. I was very happy to walk out of that place for the last time.

When I was offered that guest house as a place to live I thought it would be cool. But I soon learned it is hard and a lot of work to live in something that small. Everything has a very specific place and it is a constant chore keeping things that organized. If you don't you literally can't move around inside them.

Agclone91

Feb 5, 2011
Ames
I spent a winter in Steamboat Springs living in something very similar to this a little over 10 years ago. I was very happy to walk out of that place for the last time.

When I was offered that guest house as a place to live I thought it would be cool. But I soon learned it is hard and a lot of work to live in something that small. Everything has a very specific place and it is a constant chore keeping things that organized. If you don't you literally can't move around inside them.
This was one of my thoughts as well. Most people don't realize how much stuff they actually have. I have moved 5 times in the last 4 years, so I don't have very much stuff but there's no way I could fit it all in there.

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
This was one of my thoughts as well. Most people don't realize how much stuff they actually have. I have moved 5 times in the last 4 years, so I don't have very much stuff but there's no way I could fit it all in there.

I was less than a year out of college so I didn't have much stuff. I was moving back to Iowa and decided to have a fun winter working on the mountain before I came back. Most of the small amount of stuff I owned was in storage in Iowa and I still could barely fit all my stuff in that place.

The place I was in at least had a regular sized bathroom. As someone already said not sure where the shower is in that place posted.

bringmagicback

Dec 3, 2009
CF Resident Dog Lover
I actually looked into something similar recently. I dont want to live in a house in town. I wanted something mobile that I can move about but has design elements of an actual house. I looked into shipping container homes (which I will build at some point in my life because they are awesome) and houses similar to this. The idea being, I could move it next to (or into) our shop during the winter months, and haul it down to our remote pond/timber during spring/summer/fall. It would work perfectly for me. I ended up buying an actual house because I just didnt have time to research all poss.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
People act like this is something new. They are called trailers aka mobile homes.

VTXCyRyD

Sep 2, 2010
I actually looked into something similar recently. I dont want to live in a house in town. I wanted something mobile that I can move about but has design elements of an actual house. I looked into shipping container homes (which I will build at some point in my life because they are awesome) and houses similar to this. The idea being, I could move it next to (or into) our shop during the winter months, and haul it down to our remote pond/timber during spring/summer/fall. It would work perfectly for me. I ended up buying an actual house because I just didnt have time to research all poss.

Just buy a motorhome

JBone84

Nov 30, 2006
Rochester, MN
If I were a single guy, I'd love to park a microhome somewhere scenic and live detached from the world. Maybe not "Into the Wild" detached...although if it meant Eddie Vedder would write a soundtrack to my life I'd consider it.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron