Michigan

Cyclonin

Feb 18, 2012
Dallas, TX
I'm a little surprised to see so many people saying we want Michigan State to win today. I don't think so. We can't catch Michigan, so we might as well hope Michigan State doesn't catch us and push us from a three to a four. I want Michigan to win the game today.

40% 2
60% 3
No way were a 4.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
That conference just isn't any good though. I'm more of a wins guy I guess so I don't really hold the WVU against ISU or the Charlotte loss against Michigan. That was a long time ago. It probably doesn't matter much between those two. They will likely be in the same bracket.
The Big 10 with an injured MSU is not any better.

MNclone

Apr 10, 2006
Burnsville, MN
Wonder if the committee is actually watching this game or if they are too busy with the rest of the bracket. Mich sure doesn't look like a #1 today.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
So I'm watching the MSU-Michigan game. I know Stauskus is a really good player, but it seems like whenever I watch a Michigan game he forces a lot of difficult contested shots and not very many go in.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
So I'm watching the MSU-Michigan game. I know Stauskus is a really good player, but it seems like whenever I watch a Michigan game he forces a lot of difficult contested shots and not very many go in.

Pretty much everyone forces every shot he takes to be a tough one. He has to take them for Michigan to have a chance. It's just the way it is.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
Wonder if the committee is actually watching this game or if they are too busy with the rest of the bracket. Mich sure doesn't look like a #1 today.
We have looked like a 1-seed this year more than Michigan. Of course, the fourth 1-seed will not compare well historically speaking no matter who you put in there. I'd go with UVa or KU (and ignore that Embiid will be out the first two rounds) before Michigan

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Pretty much everyone forces every shot he takes to be a tough one. He has to take them for Michigan to have a chance. It's just the way it is.
I just heard that he is 3-8 with 13 points but I don't think he has made any since I started watching halfway through the first half.

isulive2train

Feb 24, 2009
Ciclón Nación

The selection committee is working hard this very second...

images

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
I just heard that he is 3-8 with 13 points but I don't think he has made any since I started watching halfway through the first half.

I think he hit back to back threes to start the game, if my memory serves correct. So he'd be 1-6 since then. I like the kid. Too bad his surrounding cast doesn't help him out much offensively.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
I'm not a big fun of the Michigan offense. Not much movement or screening. They seem to be going half speed. Maybe they are tired, I dunno.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
We have looked like a 1-seed this year more than Michigan. Of course, the fourth 1-seed will not compare well historically speaking no matter who you put in there. I'd go with UVa or KU (and ignore that Embiid will be out the first two rounds) before Michigan

I don't know how you can find separation in resumes of ISU and Michigan. They lost a bad one but went on the road a took some big ones. We just kind of held serve for the most part. To me, the 3-10 is very very tight and I won't fault anything that goes down unless Duke takes a 1 seed which won't happen.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
I'm not a big fun of the Michigan offense. Not much movement or screening. They seem to be going half speed. Maybe they are tired, I dunno.
This is what happens when MSU is healthy and allowed to foul constantly. IF the refs actually did carry out calling a cleaner game without looking the other way for name brands, MSU would not have a player with under 4 fouls.

Watching the games this weekend you can see why those that are bearish on ISu are worried about our size. It is too bad we do not have Amardi and were not able to work Edozie in to the rotation more.

Last edited:

andymhallman

Nov 28, 2012
Fairfield, Iowa
I don't know how you can find separation in resumes of ISU and Michigan. They lost a bad one but went on the road a took some big ones. We just kind of held serve for the most part. To me, the 3-10 is very very tight and I won't fault anything that goes down unless Duke takes a 1 seed which won't happen.

Michigan had an awfully difficult non-conference schedule, having to go to Iowa State and Duke, and host Arizona. We had a good non-conference schedule, but nothing that hard. Plus, Michigan had a terrific road record this year, while ours is not too impressive.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
I was watching a video from CBS sports that had the selection committee chairman on & he said all 68 teams have been selected and that 3 number ones were already in place. I wonder if this game was the one they were watching to determine the final #1. My guess is that if Mich had won today, they would've gotten that #1. It will be interesting to see what happens now. My take-away from this game is: I wouldn't be very excited to have to play Mich State early in the tourney! Izzo is a great coach & seems that he now has everyone healthy. They will be a force to be reckoned with in the tourney, IMHO.