Michigan St Ohio St. Thread

Redman97

Jul 31, 2011
Iowa City
I was starting to wonder if Urban was a deep-cover double-agent for the SEC, working to throw this game in favor of Auburn and his SEC overlords. Then Braxton Miller had that ridiculous run and the Buckeyes scored, so ...

I don't like Ohio State or Meyer much at all, but anything that makes the SEC cry and moan about being "unfairly" left out of the title game is worth it. Un-American, my shiny white butt.

I'm no SEC fan, but I can't help but root for MSU and Duke.

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com
Also, I am not any kind of BCS guru ... but are the points close enough that Auburn's win in the SEC title game could be enough to lift them past tOSU even if the Buckeyes win an ugly, close Big XVIIIIIIII championship game? Could Ohio State win and still fall behind Auburn? That would be a royal screw job by the SEC loyalists.

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
I'm no SEC fan, but I can't help but root for MSU and Duke.

I know what you're saying, but good grief ... Bama-Auburn in the title game? Going into the playoff system next year where people pick the teams? We might have 4 SEC teams in the playoff every year.

"Well, sure, Vanderbilt lost 5 games, but have you seen their schedule? Playing those SEC teams week in and week out? I say put 'em in the final four. Now let's go pound some Buds."

Last edited:

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Also, I am not any kind of BCS guru ... but are the points close enough that Auburn's win in the SEC title game could be enough to lift them past tOSU even if the Buckeyes win an ugly, close Big XVIIIIIIII championship game? Could Ohio State win and still fall behind Auburn? That would be a royal screw job by the SEC loyalists.

No.

Redman97

Jul 31, 2011
Iowa City
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe MSU has something like the ISU tradition of getting especially painful kicks in the nads in situations like this.

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
Ah, Gonzo, now you made me go look at some of the nuts and bolts of the BCS ranking process. That stuff is bonkers. One of those computer ranking sites they use look like something Matt Drudge might have designed, out in a storage shed. And this guy has a say in who gets to play for a BCS title?

One computer poll had Auburn ranked sixth, South Carolina fourth, Northern Illinois SECOND. In the NATION. Another had Florida State fourth, Mizzou third, Arizona State fifth. That's some bizonkers stuff going on right there.

FDWxMan

Jan 31, 2009
Des Moines
Auburn won't catch OSU in the computers (if OSU wins), but you can damn well bet a contingent of Southern pollsters will try and pull some shenanigans to make up for it (i.e. ranking OSU something like 14th, or leaving them off completely).

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
Auburn won't catch OSU in the computers (if OSU wins), but you can damn well bet a contingent of Southern pollsters will try and pull some shenanigans to make up for it (i.e. ranking OSU something like 14th, or leaving them off completely).

This is the last year the coaches poll will be used for anything significant so I could see it happening.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron