Merged Covid Megathread

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Part of this is good news and part of this is disappointing. The good news is that mask mandates helped reduce surges of infections. The bad news is that even with mask mandates , there are still increases in infection rates. I think it goes to show that we can not mask our way out of this. It needs to be a comprehensive approach (mask, social distancing, hand washing, isolating if symptomatic) to reducing spread.

It's almost like the flu which has been around forever and we deal with it. Although the flu is down this year and they can't figure that out either.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
There is a lag, so it will end up higher, but just pointing out that, in the grand scheme, the rhetoric is more shrill than the facts (overall).
This has what place in a thread dedicated to sharing information from respected sources?

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
WI reporting 5,200 cases and 64 deaths today. That is NOT a lag.

Gonna crack the Top Ten for cases here pretty quick. Just gotta believe.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
I don't know....do you not respect the CDC?
What? If you want to toss around commentary like "the rhetoric is more shrill than the facts" sack up and discuss it in the threads where those discussions are happening. Again, stop trying to drag this thread into the cave.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
I was responding to a comment on my earlier post. I'm sorry I hurt your feelings with it.
This thread has valuable information in it that has been good for a broader audience to parse. Your repeated attempts to get it caved are hilarious and sad

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Part of this is good news and part of this is disappointing. The good news is that mask mandates helped reduce surges of infections. The bad news is that even with mask mandates , there are still increases in infection rates. (mask, social distancing, hand washing, isolating if symptomatic)

Good new and bad news. The good.........hand washing and isolating(stay at home when sick) are tried and true. The bad news, masks don't help much...as you stated...and distancing is well, just another guess.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman
Status
Not open for further replies.