Merged Covid Megathread

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Status
Not open for further replies.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
There were several other responses packaged in with it at the time, correct? The answer is yes, there were several other responses packaged in. It wasn't just a "hey, you pay and then you get the dumb button!" The entire premise was "additional reactions." That is how almost any set of features like that works, if you've ever set up a website or forum.
It's still part of the paid tier, and surely you notice conversations about people paying just to have access to the dumb button. So yeah, the site sold access to it and now doesn't want people to use it. Makes total sense. Should be easy to just disable it, which was my original point, rather than selectively enforce it.
The entire last sentence you are referencing was "knock it off." If you inferred "or else," that's your problem.
Knock it off or nothing doesn't really work.
Setting up your inferences and assumptions as fact is also "pretty intellectually lazy." You're telling us to hire a "real" programmer, reporting posts, and continually arguing, so I'd say something has set you off, correct? I've taken actual time out of my day multiple times to try and explain things to you before so that you could know to stop acting in a way that would get you banned, and this is your response to... not using a "dumb" button?
You know triggered is a loaded word, and actually has been used medically with regard to ptsd and other mental illnesses. Yes, it's lazy to use this word and you shouldn't use it.

Multiple times you've taken time out of your day to warn me on being banned? Like one time since I've been on the site?

I "hearted" responses that wished me luck. I "heart" or positively react to about a hundred responses a day, which is easily evidenced by going to my profile.
Right.

• Dumb
Reactions: Cyclonesrule91

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
It's still part of the paid tier, and surely you notice conversations about people paying just to have access to the dumb button. So yeah, the site sold access to it and now doesn't want people to use it. Makes total sense. Should be easy to just disable it, which was my original point, rather than selectively enforce it.

Knock it off or nothing doesn't really work.

You know triggered is a loaded word, and actually has been used medically with regard to ptsd and other mental illnesses. Yes, it's lazy to use this word and you shouldn't use it.

Multiple times you've taken time out of your day to warn me on being banned? Like one time since I've been on the site?

Right.

I'm not going to keep wasting time on this. I can point out several parts of your post that are either factually incorrect or poor reading comprehension, but it's clearly not worth my time.

Last edited:

flycy

Jul 17, 2008
Crescent, IA
Has anyone seen airplane studies that weren't funded by the airlines?

The Air Force did one because they wanted information to make decisions on commercial flying which is used extensively by the military. Same results. Simply1 if you want to rate as Dumb feel free. I believe in freedom and I would consider it a badge of honor to be awarded another by you.:)

• Informative
Reactions: isutrevman

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
The Air Force did one because they wanted information to make decisions on commercial flying which is used extensively by the military. Same results. Simply1 if you want to rate as Dumb feel free. I believe in freedom and I would consider it a badge of honor to be awarded another by you.:)

I think it's the same study as United paired with the DoD for it. Assuming it is the case flying itself is safe, I suppose the risk would be at the airports and destinations.

flycy

Jul 17, 2008
Crescent, IA
I think it's the same study as United paired with the DoD for it. Assuming it is the case flying itself is safe, I suppose the risk would be at the airports and destinations.

It is, TRANSCOM (Transportation Command) funded and conducted the study aboard Patriot Express flights (flights routinely used to move military members and their families back and forth to overseas locations). The flights are contracted, in this case they used United contracted flights, although many lessor known carriers also contract the flights. United had nothing to do with funding, analysis or results.

Yes, your extremely limited risk would be in the terminal and possibly while the plane is at the gate. Not sure on the air flow rate during that time.

• Informative

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
I recently flew. In my opinion, going through the airport is the highest risk of exposure. You pass by hundreds of people, although usually the contact is quick. Sitting in the plane you are in close proximity to people for a long period of time, but it's only 5-6 people seated right by you, unless you make frequent trips to the bathroom.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
  • Haha
Reactions: BigCyFan

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I recently flew. In my opinion, going through the airport is the highest risk of exposure. You pass by hundreds of people, although usually the contact is quick. Sitting in the plane you are in close proximity to people for a long period of time, but it's only 5-6 people seated right by you, unless you make frequent trips to the bathroom.

This would obviously depend on the airport and even where you are there. Like the shuttles in Denver are a little more 'yikes' than the main gate areas with a high ceiling and plenty of space to move.

The rest would feel more like being at the grocery store except I'd avoid the waiting area...but I already did anyway.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Really? A book about "surviving" Covid. Lol. I mean I could write a book about surviving my 18th birthday but nobody would or should read the thing.

I'mma gonna wait for someone REALLY famous and important to write a book about Covid... One of those Kardashian things HAS to have something more than just venereal disease?

kcbob79clone

• Informative
Reactions: simply1
Status
Not open for further replies.