Melvin Ejim's Twitter

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

mjhavlo76

Jun 23, 2009
Happy Birthday Mel, by the way why didn't you score 50 on your birthday? Some people...

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
There are always going to be a small amount of people in any large group that are total idiots.

At least he seems to be handling the negatives well, anyone that's got the visibility of an athlete\celebrity is going to get hate tweets no matter what... either they can handle that or they should get off twitter.

digZ

Sep 2, 2011
Colorado
Ejim usually retweets people who send him hateful tweets with "Thank you" or something along those lines. He plays with a chip on his shoulder quite well, lol.

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames
I am frustrated that Fred had Ejim and Niang on the floor late when I feel other guys may (emphasis on may) have been better but I would never tweet directly at them with negatives.

Hell I wouldn't even tweet directly at Fred. I started a thread to spark convo with others. I would never claim that I have the answers

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames
y would you do this if you're a cyclone fan?

I have no idea. The **** Matt Thomas went through was ridiculous as well

Edit - The Entitlement that individuals feel they have in our society disgusts me. Individuals need to focus more on their own responsibilities rather then rights or entitlements. Sure an individual may have the "right" to rip a player on twitter. But as a Cyclone Fan you have the responsibility to play your part as a fan and to add value or pick those up around you. It doesn't have to be all sunshine if things aren't going well, but it certainly shouldn't be an assault via twitter

Last edited:

Psyclone Brian

Apr 11, 2006
42°00'50"N 93°
133151073_amazoncom-oval-mean-people-suck-sticker-everything-else.jpg

isuchicago

Apr 11, 2006
I have no idea. The **** Matt Thomas went through was ridiculous as well

Edit - The Entitlement that individuals feel they have in our society disgusts me. Individuals need to focus more on their own responsibilities rather then rights or entitlements. Sure an individual may have the "right" to rip a player on twitter. But as a Cyclone Fan you have the responsibility to play your part as a fan and to add value or pick those up around you. It doesn't have to be all sunshine if things aren't going well, but it certainly shouldn't be an assault via twitter

Yeah. Like because they buy tickets and a few shirts, these kids owe them a certain number of wins. (More than 22 :/) these kids don't owe you jack ****. You're not entitled to jack ****. I know the internet is great for being a whiny little brat anonymously, but the crap gets old.

allfourcy

Apr 26, 2012
Yeah. Like because they buy tickets and a few shirts, these kids owe them a certain number of wins. (More than 22 :/) these kids don't owe you jack ****. You're not entitled to jack ****. I know the internet is great for being a whiny little brat anonymously, but the crap gets old.

Agreed. Have no idea 'how many', but I certainly hope its just a 'few' idiots that are doing it. And a 'few' is too many.

Cyclonin

Feb 18, 2012
Dallas, TX
I love twitter for the fact that you can have the news at your fingertips at any time.

But as is with everything, there will always be a downside. The fact that it gives instant access to anyone is both a blessing and a curse. I would think these guys are getting some tough skin or just ignoring it all together (the latter is probably the way to go).

The twitter crap is dumb, but the athletes know this and tend to ignore it. I loved McCabe's tweet. I will say I am glad it wasn't an ISU player, but why do they have to put up with that?

Most are probably trolls or not real fans, but I know there are real fans that say dumb **** to these players. Do you think they aren't trying to win? It's like the meltdowns on this board after ever loss, do you not think these players are trying to win? It's not exactly easy to put a ball in the hoop with monsters in your way. Sometimes they fall, sometimes they don't.

I would like to hear if all the people complaining last night have had an "on" day every day at work the last year. I know for a fact, there have been days where Ive slacked off/had a bad day at work. Which we are quick to justify for, but a college kid that has to deal with becoming an adult/schoolwork/and a hell of a lot tougher job than you have can get blasted? So F'n dumb.

Sorry, wanted to post that last night but didn't get home until later after the game. I was there and I know these guys played their best. It seemed Georges may have forgotten there was a game, but that's fine, we have seen what all of these guys are capable of. They know whats on the line Saturday and the following week. We don't need a bunch of hacks on here telling them.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Some of the really stupid posts here this last week and these tweets are in the same family. Lots of "fans" with weak game and tough guy trash talk. Some are trolls and some are just asshats. Not to mention the "contributions" of those posters that know the plays and players that would have won the last two games.