Melvin Ejim Chant

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012
Melvin gave the glory to God, his teammates (brotherhood) and coach! What a classy guy and what a team. Very few people in the nation have an opportunity to be exposed to such a great individual, program and team! Go Cyclones!

Bold statement, Seedman. Bold statement.

GrindingAway

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 27, 2006
In hind sight we should have done the Cyclone Power style chant but used "Melvin" and "Ejim".

cysox2

Nov 30, 2011
Newhall
Melvin oozed class the whole time while doing it. Loved that he was just ear to ear smiles every time he scored in the last 5 minutes, not for a second was he full of himself. He just enjoyed the moment.

I think the best part of it was the smile on his face. Not once did he pound his chest, or pose for the crowd or make gestures toward the student section. After 4 years of being under appreciated nationally he let his play do the talking. So happy for him!

Go_State

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Nice to see Greg and T.J. tweet their congratulations as well.

CynadoAlley

Nov 28, 2010
Siouxland
Really proud to admit I started the chant (tooting my own horn here). I figured I'd just get my area to join in with me, then the whole place started doing it. Gave me goosebumps. Such an amazing moment for Melvin.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Just watched the replay of the game on espn3.com

At the last timeout when he had 48 with about a minute to go the coaches are talking to the team and Ejim is trying to pay attention to the coaches, but Morris just keeps looking up at the scoreboard saying "you can get 50 man! 50!" slapping him on the back, pretty funny stuff.

azepp

Dec 9, 2009
Ankeny
How about we get this back on track before it ends up in the cave.

It was awesome to see the chant on SportsCenter last night and I'm sad that I had to miss the game yesterday. I do like the idea of MVP chant for senior night.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
My kid texted me right after game because he wanted to make sure it was on TV. It was loud and clear.

Dingus

May 23, 2013
I was a little annoyed when watching Sports Center and waiting for the Ejim /ISU highlights queued up on the left and sat through repeated Marcus Smart 'analysis' ad nauseum till the commercial break. When they returned, they showed Heat highlights and ended the show. grrrr.

Big story, but when there's nothing more to say, no need to keep saying it!

vmbplayer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
Ankeny
I was a little annoyed when watching Sports Center and waiting for the Ejim /ISU highlights queued up on the left and sat through repeated Marcus Smart 'analysis' ad nauseum till the commercial break. When they returned, they showed Heat highlights and ended the show. grrrr.

That's disappointing. It was on several times before the whole OSU incident happened. The ESPN online videos are pretty solid if you didn't get enough.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse

Yeah, this was stupid.

Here's exactly ESPN's reaction.

"Smart overreacted and he should be suspended. He shoved a guy and had to be forced off the court."

Commercial.

"Smart overreacted and he should be suspended. He shoved a guy and had to be forced off the court."

Commercial.

Tulsa Insider on ESPN:
"Did you hear what the fan may have said?"
"No, but Smart overreacted and he should be suspended. He shoved a guy and had to be forced off the court. But he's a nice kid."

Commercial

Seth Greenberg: "Smart overreacted and he should be suspended. He shoved a guy and had to be forced off the court."

Thats when I turned it off.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I like the video on Cyclones.com with all 20 field goals and John Walters' call.

I'm going to have to go check that out!

As for the chant - it sounded great in person. Those of us up in the balcony joined in also. However, about the 6th or 7th time, we realized the band end of Cyclone Alley was chanting faster than the team end. Once they got out of sync it didn't sound as cool. It was great while it lasted, though...and we saw Melvin break out in a huge grin. We could tell he appreciated the recognition. :)