Meeting

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

fccy

Dec 31, 2008
Forest City
Think we'll get Tony Dungy as DC?

Doubt it.

He wants to spend time with his family, which still lives in Tampa. He was taking Jim Irsay's private plane on Fridays to go watch his son's HS football games this year.

Plus, I am sure he will spend more time with his organization, www.allprodad.com, which is based in Tampa.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Doubt it.

He wants to spend time with his family, which still lives in Tampa. He was taking Jim Irsay's private plane on Fridays to go watch his son's HS football games this year.

Plus, I am sure he will spend more time with his organization, www.allprodad.com, which is based in Tampa.

Really? So you are saying we won't hire Dungy as DC?

Reactions: Cydkar

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Doubt it.

allprodad is a great organization. I get their daily email updates and they have some really good advice. Heard about it from CF of course.

CyGuy33

May 7, 2008
West Des Moines, IA
New D Coordinator
jenny.jpg

ISUclones33

Nov 26, 2006
its happening tonight, they are trying to make sure everyone can get there. unfortunately, havent heard much on strength coaches yet.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Who will be the new water boy? Any word on who will be collecting the tee after kickoff?

I was asked to be the tee collector, but I declined due to the fact that I am heavily intoxicated by kickoff and unable to run in a straight line.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I think we should look at the tee collector from Oregon...word is his mental toughness is the best in the nation.

Think we could lure him away?

jsmith86

Dec 5, 2006
Cedar Rapids
I think we should look at the tee collector from Oregon...word is his mental toughness is the best in the nation.

I don't doubt his mental toughness, but I saw him back in high school. the kid just doesn't have the speed or turning down. You can't play ball at this level without that.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX

I think ISU needs somebody with Iowa ties for this job. We wouldn't want this person bailing after he or she finds out that it might be necessary to retrieve the tee from a snow-covered field from time to time...

markshir

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Don't judge jsmith86 - he might not come in highly rated but if you let him grey shirt he could have up to six years in the program for strength and conditioning and learning the position. What he lacks in size and speed he could make up in heart.

Reactions: jsmith86

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola

No way, not with JP at the helm. He was the tee collector for Wisconsin from 2001-2004, than JP canned his *** because he dropped the tee in a key situation.

mustangcy

Apr 11, 2006
Bloomfield
I think ISU needs somebody with Iowa ties for this job. We wouldn't want this person bailing after he or she finds out that it might be necessary to retrieve the tee from a snow-covered field from time to time...

You don't understand. In Texas the kids LIVE AND BREATH tee-collecting...it's just a different mentality. We've got to recruit our tee-collectors from the southern states...maybe we can get our water boy from Iowa.

Lastplace

Oct 23, 2006
I doubt it matters who the AD is, Dan will never want to come back here. Would you?

I hate to go back on this, but Pollard made a difficult decision. There was a drop in revenue coming in, the team on the field was looking like it was beginning to drop and he made a BUSINESS decision. Thats his job.

Now fast forward..Mac has gone to Florida, is a GREAT assistance coach like we all knew he would be. Has a National Title under his belt and I might be the minority here, but he actually might have some interest in joining Paul and the other old coaches. I do not think it will happen, but its not like Mac would walk into Pollards office with a flaming bag of poo.