Mediacom Will Air ISU-Texas A&M

CyFanz

Apr 11, 2006
Just announced on www.cyclones.com...

AMES, Iowa -- Iowa State's 6:30 p.m. CST men's basketball game at No. 6 Texas A&M Wednesday will be telecast by Mediacom Cable. The game will air on Mediacom channel 6 in Central Iowa and on Mediacom channel 2 in Eastern Iowa. The game will also be telecast on Fox Sports Southwest.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I guess something has to fill that channel 6 spot now that Sinclair went naughty. I'm just glad it isn't UI basketball. YES!

Edit: Another good job by JP getting this game on TV. Good job guys!

Last edited:

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
You beat me to it:) They were working on getting something in place and it's good to see we'll be able to watch it after all. WooHoo!

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
Now the question is whether or not it will be worth watching.

hilbs31

Apr 1, 2006
Just got off the phone with Directv. Refreshing to talk to someone who had a clue. He told me the game would be blacked out due to zip code restrictions. When you see the game is on Fox Sports SW, don't buy into it. I'm pretty sure that unless you are in Texas (or Iowa), you won't be getting the game on Directv. Frustrating that it got dropped by ESPNU.

Hopefully something can be done in the future regarding the zip code restrictions. I have a problem with the fact that the game will be on television and, although I subscribe to ESPN Full Court and the Fox Sports package, I won't get the game. Seems unfair.

hilbs31

Apr 1, 2006
Well, don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure that if you are not in the Fox SW market, the game will be blacked out (on Directv). I'm hoping I'm wrong.

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
Jeremy says that it will be on Mediacom Channel 6.

For those on Iowa State's campus, Channel 6 is Fox because ISU cut a deal with them to get the channel back. What does that mean for us?

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
Mediacom Connections is channel 22 in Des Moines. Is that the same as Channel 6 in Ames(for ISU campus?).

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Has anyone with the Fox Sports package with DISH Network checked to see if it will be blacked out there as well? The next question is what bars in Des Moines still have Mediacom that will show the game. Most of them have some kind of dish package anymore...

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Has anyone with the Fox Sports package with DISH Network checked to see if it will be blacked out there as well? The next question is what bars in Des Moines still have Mediacom that will show the game. Most of them have some kind of dish package anymore...

I have DirecTV and it's listed on the guide that the game will be shown. Channel 667.

Rickybaby

Apr 15, 2006
I just checked the Dishnetwork programming guide and it's not listed anywhere not even Fox SW. What the ???

I'm in New Mexico since when is that not considered the SW.:frown3qg:

zmanzbo

Apr 11, 2006
On dish network it is on channel 445 but if you look at the info it has a blackout icon on there. At least it did last night. Wonder if Trophy's will have it on.

zmanzbo

Apr 11, 2006
From A&M site:
Satellite TV subscribers: All Texas TV markets on FSN Southwest alternate channel (DirecTV Ch. 667 & Dish Network Ch. 445).
The Texas A&M/Iowa State basketball game will be shown by FSN Southwest IN PARTS OF THE STATE OF TEXAS ONLY.

Mar 19, 2006
Out west.
My dishnetwork on screen quide shows it on channel 445 ALT. When you select the game a message says "not available in your area". (I live in NW Iowa) I have Full Court. Is it blacked out because Mediacom bouight the rights in Iowa?

lennon3

Apr 11, 2006
Channel six for me is a connections channel in manson IA along with channel 22, but both show at 7 they are showing the drake game

mustangcy

Apr 11, 2006
Bloomfield
I guess I'm still confused...is mediacom channel 22 the same as channel 6? I live in SE Iowa and I have 22.

Another question, I have digital cable but my mediacom channel 22 never shows what is on, does this work for other people?

Help Support Us

Become a patron