MBB B12 schedule quirk for our away games

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
Sometimes I look ahead at the b12 schedule to see what games the teams we face have played right before us.

This year, the set up looks terrible, making tough road games to win even tougher.

Every single one of our away games except KU, the home team will have been on the road the game before.

KSU, OU, and Tech will have all played at WVU the game before we play them. Good chance we're facing a home team that just got drilled by 20+ considering how well WVU plays at home and how they play.

WVU and OSU will have played at Baylor, also making the set up tougher for us since they'll likely be coming off of a loss.

WVU, TCU, and OSU will have played TWO road games right before they play us - also not good.

and KU? They will have been at WVU, at UK, and Bay at home.

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
I guess I disagree with your assertion that being on the road the game before we play them is a bad thing for ISU - I would actually take the opposite stance and say it is better for us. Our game at TTU is a Monday where the previous Saturday TTU is at WVU - that's a long plane ride and short recover for a Monday game, I think this plays in our favor. While KSU and OU wouldn't be a Saturday - Monday turn, I still think it hurts them to have a long road trip right before playing us. I don't know that you can say it's a bad thing for ISU if other teams have a loss right before playing us either. It can obviously work both ways for a team, but one could argue that it's better they lost in the prior game, weren't able to get in a rhythm, lose confidence, etc right before they play us.

I think you are reading way too far into this. ISU's biggest issue this year is going to be getting a coherent offense in place, not where the opposing team played in the game prior.

flynnhicks03

The Man That You Love to Hate
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
www.mapcon.com
Is it a widely-held belief that it's tougher to beat a team on the road after they've returned from a road trip?

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I think the whole hangover affect really goes way after the first media timeout. Teams are either ready to play or they're not. Plus the Big12 is so tough, we have to treat every game like we're at AFH.