Matt Rhule interviewed with the Colts

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Really? This would be on par with Chizik landing the Auburn job after winning 5 games in two years. I thought Baylor still had some talent, especially offensively and he got virtually nothing out of them.

• Disagree
Reactions: Tony Gunk

HARMCYN

Jan 20, 2012
Cambridge, IA
People. He's not leaving. No way in hell an NFL job is hiring a guy whose most successful coaching stop was at Temple and is coming off a winless season at Baylor. Indy ownership/management would get burned at the stake.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
People. He's not leaving. No way in hell an NFL job is hiring a guy whose most successful coaching stop was at Temple and is coming off a winless season at Baylor. Indy ownership/management would get burned at the stake.

This. Indy fans would be furious if they hired Rhule.

• Agree
Reactions: isu2014

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009

You are of course completely correct.

But this is the Browns we're talking about here. So he is probably a lock for the job.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
His team despite being generally bad was still a scary 'bad' team.

I'd imagine it's a tad difficult right now to sell any kind of future vision for Baylor football.

• Agree
Reactions: JP4CY

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA
50gvb5.png

Poor some more gasoline on that dumpster fire Rhule!

vmbplayer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
Ankeny

Doesn't matter if he takes it or not to me really. The harm a credible report does about him interviewing to gtfo of Baylor hurts your ability to recruit. Barring shutting down the university or at least the entirety of Baylor Men's athletics programs watching them suck for decades and decades to come is the most deserved thing I can hope for.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

abrand

Apr 20, 2006
I think that Indy is in the middle of finding a 2-3 year sacrificial lamb who might be able to develop young talent. They are going to suck, stockpile the draft picks, and then when they get enough talent, fire the poor sap and bring in a real coach with a chance to actually do something. It kills me as a Colts fan to say it, but the Colts are looking at trying their best to be worse than the Browns.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
FIrst, he's coached in the NFL. They aren't interviewing him if his resume will ultimately disqualify him.

Second, he's one of the best recruiters in this conference. Matt Campbell has outrecruited him once in the last 5 years and that was when Campbell was at ISU and Rhule was at Temple. Last year, he had a class better than us dealing with being at Baylor and having essentially no one on the board when he got there. Lastly, Baylor was us last year. 1 win vs 3 wins is really nothing in the grand scheme of things. So, he can leave. That'd be great because in a couple years, Baylor will be rolling again.