MLB: Matt Holliday is a dirty player

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
One of my dad's death bed highlights, when he was eventually dying from a wound to the spine that was initially inflicted during the WWII invasion of Europe, was that he never had to endure a Cubs WS win. This brought him such delight that it makes it especially important to me. Someday, maybe you'll be mature enough to understrand the passion of the MLB game and how important these old rivalries really are. It's about the game........ not you or me. The cubs have a special place in history as the lovable losers....................... embrace it and expect nothing more. How anyone can look at the past and not see that is beyond me.

Holy obsession with the Cubs... How pathetic.

The irony is thick with this post if you're a cyclone fan. "Embrace it, expect nothing more"

Reactions: CycloneErik

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
I am actually surprised that pants have not come down and the rulers come out in this thread yet............

tyrelrobert

Oct 18, 2006
West Des Moines,IA
One of my dad's death bed highlights, when he was eventually dying from a wound to the spine that was initially inflicted during the WWII invasion of Europe, was that he never had to endure a Cubs WS win. This brought him such delight that it makes it especially important to me. Someday, maybe you'll be mature enough to understrand the passion of the MLB game and how important these old rivalries really are. It's about the game........ not you or me. The cubs have a special place in history as the lovable losers....................... embrace it and expect nothing more. How anyone can look at the past and not see that is beyond me.

So I see pettiness runs in your family....it explains a lot of your posts

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
I am actually surprised that pants have not come down and the rulers come out in this thread yet............

Oh its already happened, and rebecacy won hands down with an eighteen incher. Wait...you were talking about who could lay the biggest turd right?

Hawkeye11en1

Apr 22, 2011
Colorado
Dirty...no. Interference? Most likely. If he would have made an effort to at least grab the bag he may have actually hit it, but he really didn't try. He knew the DP would have been turned if he didn't try, and it worked for him. But for the poster that said he was "definitely trying to hurt Castro", that is absurd and wrong. He is trying to help his team, not hurt the opposing SS in which he probably hardly knows.

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
Oh its already happened, and rebecacy won hands down with an eighteen incher. Wait...you were talking about who could lay the biggest turd right?

:wideeyed::shocked::eek:
Not even sure how I want to respond right now lol. Nothing good can come from this

ThatllDoCy

Sep 20, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
www.katchllc.com
IMO this should not be allowed, you should have to slide at the base. However, from listening to the announcers Halladay was within what was acceptable. What I took exception to was Halladay using his cleat on Castro's leg. Thankfully, it was a plastic cleat. No reason to spike a guy when you are throwing him off balance.

Probably had a lot to do with Castro being so young. They are going to have a lot of chances to play against each other and Castro can get retribution by actually winning some of these games for the Cubs.

cyers

May 31, 2008
How about next time he slides like that Castro just throws the ball right at his face? Looks to me like his head is jersey letter high at the 2nd base point.

I was thinking this myself, but instead of throwing the ball I would have Castro get up after the play walk over and spike the dude right on his knee cap.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
This thread is funny because it was started by a bitter cubbie fan. I didnt see the play but I am guessing that if a Cub did the same thing it would be a "Good Hard Baseball play".

Reactions: CyFan61

bigcyfan82

Aug 30, 2008
Des Moines
This thread is funny because it was started by a bitter cubbie fan. I didint see they play but I saw the arse whooping the Cards put on the cubs on Saturday. So I am guessing that play was irrelevant.

If you don't know what you are talking about, just don't post at all. The play was not irrelevant, and completely changed the game. Cubs were up 5-3 at the time, and a double play that should have been called because of interference would have ended that inning.

bigcyfan82

Aug 30, 2008
Des Moines
This thread is funny because it was started by a bitter cubbie fan. I didnt see the play but I am guessing that if a Cub did the same thing it would be a "Good Hard Baseball play".

No, it wouldn't have been. Had he not stuck his leg out and kicked castro it would have been a "Good Hard Baseball play"

Because he stuck his leg out, and basically kicked and tripped castro, that is what makes it 'dirty'

Hard slides are a part of the game, but when you blatantly try to kick a guy who had already cleared the space where holiday would have normally slid is dirty. Castro had clearly cleared second base and where a normal slide would have taken place, then holiday sticks his leg out and kicks him...a complete surprise to castro and a dirty play by holiday

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
If you don't know what you are talking about, just don't post at all. The play was not irrelevant, and completely changed the game. Cubs were up 5-3 at the time, and a double play that should have been called because of interference would have ended that inning.

Sorry knowing the score that one play didnt decide the game. If you want to justify it go ahead.

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois

You have no idea what the heck you're talking about.

bigcyfan82

Aug 30, 2008
Des Moines
Sorry knowing the score that one play didnt decide the game. If you want to justify it go ahead.

It clearly did. Ending the inning up 5-3 would change the strategy of the pitchers. You can't assume that the cubs would have won 5-3, but I do know that the cards wouldn't have tied the score on that blatant interference slide and they wouldn't have ended up scoring 7 runs (I think that's how many they scored that inning)

If you believe that wasn't a game changing play, you obviously don't know baseball

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010

^^This absolutely. Anyone who claims otherwise (with the exception of the few reasonable Cubs fans) is wrong.